Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
amrnabil
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900

Re: blackberry bold 9900 email setup //HELP!

Dear All,

i have a proplem in setup my e-mail i already have e-mail account provided to me buy service provider it work good

the proplem is when i try to add another e-mail account i switch to email account on my phone setup and press add email it shows to me blank page so tell me how i can solve this proplem and how ican add more emails to my phone

thanks

Amr Nabil

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
amrnabil
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900

it doesnt solve my proplem :smileysad:

JSanders

amrnabil wrote:

it doesnt solve my proplem :smileysad:

And that doesn't help me understand WHAT did occur when you tried what I suggested.

I'd be glad to help, but those short answers tell me nothing and don't get you the help you needed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
savin1319
My Device: blackberry 9900

Hi. I have a new balckberry 9900. I am trying to set up my email however, i cant find any set up help on options or in the set up icon itself. I already tried the mobile.blackberry integrate something and nothing happened.... What should i do?
JSanders

savin1319 wrote:
Hi. I have a new balckberry 9900. I am trying to set up my email however, i cant find any set up help on options or in the set up icon itself. I already tried the mobile.blackberry integrate something and nothing happened.... What should i do?

Your issue has been answered in you other thread... get a BlackBerry Data Plan.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/CANT-SET-UP-EMAIL/m-p/2064089

Knowledge Base Updates
jaydeecx
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220

Hi! I am also having a problem with my Email setup. My handheld unit is Blackbery Curve 9220 that runs in OS 7.1.

Before, I have the email setup completely but I deleted something which caused the email setup options, optionless (there's no enterprise email account or personal email account options listed).

I tried the procedure to go in mobile.blackberry.com in my BB browser and I already had two listed personal emails. and it said that an email icon will appear in my home screen, but there is none. I already tried to show all the icons and hidden icons but there really is no email icon in my homescreen.

I have this problem for quite a long time. I hope you could help me. Thanks!

JSanders

jaydeecx wrote:

I have this problem for quite a long time. I hope you could help me. Thanks!

So you are not able to view or read your email on the device?

Are you getting any notifications (on the notification bar at the top of the homescreen) of any new messages, etc.?

On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status. What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service?

Try these additional instructions:

1) Register HRT:  Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now.

2) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830

3) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

4) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
cameron_am
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi there, and thanks to the OP for his help so far in this thread. It appears that we have a number of posters to whom English is a 2nd language, and/or who are not severely technical. For the benefit of various people who are having the same problem as I am, I will try and provide a complete, understandable description of the problem, at least as it applies to me.

I recieved back a repaired Bold 9900 which I have re-attached to my work BES server. I had previously changed my BES account to an older Bold while my unit was away for repair. That transfer process worked fine. However, upon re-attaching my repaired 9900 to my BES account, I was unable to send or recieve messages to my personal Hotmail account which was also attached to my BB. Messages sent from my BB using my Hotmail account are red-x-ed with the error "Transaction error - failure at service."

On the new BB, when I go into email setup, my Email Accounts icon shows 2 email accounts. however, when i go into that icon, i see only the Enterprise Activation screen where I am supposed to see the screen where I choose what type of account to activate. I do not have the option to activate any type of account except Enterprise. As mentioned in another post, trying to put my Hotmail details in here results in a request to wipe my Blackberry, (and in fact doesnt work anyway, I tried it to see what would happen.)

I have attempted to follow the instructions provided by the OP by going to the address mobile.blackberry.com provided earlier in this thread, using my BB Browser. Then I am supposed to "scroll down to Communication, and then Email".  These items, menu options, links, whatever you want to call them, are NOT on the page ANYWHERE. There are tabs called Share and Menu, a Featured Apps section,  a Community section, Support , and Tips. At the bottom of the page are links for Home, Canada, Legal, Support and Communities.

Links for Communication  and Email do not exist, so I cannot select them to try the OP's fix.

I have also tried going to www.blackberry.com/integrate, but despite several tries, this page will not load on my BB. The blue Loading bar gets up around 80% and then just stops loading. No error is displayed.

Hopefully this explains in Technical English why I cannot try the OP's fix.  In case It is not clear, I have a fully working, provisioned BB data account with Telus, and all my features worked , even after a BB change, until this latest time when I attempted to change back to my Bold 9900.

My next call is to Telus support, I will post back here if they can provide a fix. I'm not hopeful.

New Contributor
cameron_am
My Device: Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:

Telus was actually able to solve my problem. Not sure if it will help anyone else though. I discovered that my Blackberry Internet Service connection was listed as "Not Connected" . I read thru the suggested fixes for this, but I was unable to re-send the Service Books to my BB as these options were also not available on my BB.

I called Telus support. They discovered that I had 4 profiles attached to my account. ( I change BB's more often than most people for various work reasons). Because of the extra profiles, the BB service got confused as to which PIN to attach to.

Telus deleted my extra profiles, re-sent the service books to my BB, and the BB Internet service then connected after a battery pull. Then I was able to set up my BB internet mail account using Email Setup on the BB.

That's my solution, hopefully it helps others.  Cheers.