Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Developer
boldproblems
My Device: Not Specified

blackberry bold wont turn on

My bold ran out of battery during the night i think, this morning it wouldn't switch on. Its been charging for about 2hours now and still won't swtich on. The red light or green light aren't flashing either. The bold just seems off, dead. What do i do? Im really worried. Please help.

ps ive tried removing the battery and putting it back in. And turnig the off switch off and on just wont work.. does anyone know how to reset it? And will i lose all that is saved on my phone after doing so? thanks

Super Contributor
Forza
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: blackberry bold wont turn on

Hi boldproblems.......funny nick :smileytongue:

the process to reset any BB is simply pull the battery out and re-insert, an egg timer should appear therefore it is in its re-boot stage and fire up after a min or two.

How did you charge your BOLD for 2 hours, USB?  If so, try to recharge with the wall charger.

To test if your BOLD is still alive, pull the battery out and connect to a wall charger or USB, you should first see the red LED, then a battery with a red line on the screen.  If you do see that, most likely it is your battery.  See if you can get hold of another BOLD battery from friends or local dealer shop to confirm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
New Developer
boldproblems

Ive tried taking the battery out and putting it back, at one point the red light came on, but it went off.. pls help!!
Super Contributor
Forza

mate mate mate,

I wrote a few things there to try, try them and get back to us.  Help us to help you.

"How did you charge your BOLD for 2 hours, USB?  If so, try to recharge with the wall charger.

To test if your BOLD is still alive, pull the battery out and connect to a wall charger or USB, you should first see the red LED, then a battery with a red line on the screen.  If you do see that, most likely it is your battery.  See if you can get hold of another BOLD battery from friends or local dealer shop to confirm."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Developer
boldproblems

hey thanks for the reply. I hope more people come up with useful solutions. Yeah its been charging on the wall charger for err give or take 16hours now!! But not continuously. What should i do? im panicked. I havent tried charging it with a usb because I heard that was a slow process. When Iwas charging the bold with the wall charger the red LED light came on twice tho but it didnt stay on very long. the fact that it did come on, isn't that a bit of a good sign? Should I just keep charging it?

Oh and I didnt see this battery with a line when I charged the phone without a battery. But I didnt wait very long.

Thanks

Super Contributor
Forza

well....sorry...and I will lets you wait for some useful solutions.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]
Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

If it doesn't boot--try using a wall outlet charger if you are not. If you are connected via USB to the PC, make certain that you have Desktop Manager (or the USB device drivers) installed, which you can download below.

Make certain your USB cable is connected to one of the PC's main rear USB ports. Not a USB hub, nor a monitor USB port, nor a USB port on the front of the PC. 
Message Edited by JSanders on 05-31-2009 08:46 AM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
yodie

Hey JSaunders.....I ran into the same thing...as I am writing this to you guys. It seems like there is a massive problem with the battery life of the Bold...but I did get some useful info from a dealer who sells the Bold device...

You can save battery life by TURNING OFF WiFi and Bluetooth frequencies on the phone. Go to the connections icon and click in the box to turn the WiFi off and the Bluetooth. The Device continues to search for the Bluetooth EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE THE BLUETOOTH TURNED OFF. So, does the WiFi connection...it will continue to search for the best WiFi connection while you have it on and it will drain the life out of your battery. Remember to disable these when not in use.

I do have my phone charging on the wall charger and I will get back to you guys on the outcome...what makes this even more infuriating is that I just got my phone TODAY.

More to come. Until then..... 

doffman

Hi, I only got a blackberry bold a couple of weeks ago and i have been using it and yesterday i was walking with it and it was raining and then when i got home i tried to turn  it on and it wouldnt and i tried to charge it and the red light wouldnt come on 
Visitor
jasons88
My Device: bold 9000

i must say this really worked... i really thought my bb was a goner but thanks guys... if i have any tips ill pass em on too ok...