Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Singtel

blackberry id password HELP

I got a SIM card for BB service in HK (home telco is in Singapore), and when I put the new SIM card in, I was prompted to put in my password. I put in the password and got the message that it was invalid. I thought maybe I forgot, so I reset the password, and created a new password. It must be correct because at blackberryid.blackberry.com, I can see all my personal details. When I input the password into the phone, I again got an error message! I am now at 8 tries out of 10 and dont want to get my data wiped! Can someone tell me what to do or whom to call. HELP
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.2.1.3442), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: blackberry id password HELP

Hello ellypin

Welcome to the Community

This article will guide you to solve your BB ID issue. Article ID: KB26361. How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password. Just make sure you read and follow the procedure carefully so you can fix that issue at soonest.

Good luck.

My Device: Blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: o2

I've just sorted this problem on my phone. Enter on the QWERTY keyboard on the PC, the letters that correspond to the numbers in the device pin code, so for pin code 1234 enter wers on the PC keyboard.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Singtel

thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me. I am now at attempt 9 of 10. I am going to copy my data first before attempting another try.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello -- lacking the exact and complete error message you are presented with, all solutions provided to you are mere guesses. Depending on the exact error message, your proper resolution path will be different.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code