Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jaymz
My Device: bold 9700

blackberry id

Used my BB id on a friends phone to see something. no longer works on my phone. He brought it to his carrier they switched MY id to his email and deleted the old one. What do I do, what can I do for a new one and get it up and running on my phone.

Super Contributor
darocker077
My Device: Xperia Ray

Re: blackberry id

BB ID's are unique for it's user & it associates your device with BB protection, Appworld ... etc. You should not use it anywhere else on another device unless your purpose is a device change or any..

jaymz wrote:

He brought it to his carrier they switched MY id to his email and deleted the old one. 

Well, they switched as in, they update a different email to your account, or did they created new one & authenticated it??

Have you tried for password reset using your existing email which you used while creating the BB ID?

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
New Contributor
jaymz
My Device: bold 9700

Re: blackberry id

as to what exactly they did id have to go through my emails quickly to double check that I know i had one email that got sent to me saying something and that it was now under his email address not mine. I have done the password reset and changed it and  i received the email and all for it. but when i used it on the phone it said use the username associated with the phone. than when i try other password i get the wrong username or password my count of attempts is at 8 now.

NOWWWW when i try either one says invalid username password, even when i do forgot password option tells me to enter a valid username