Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Fido

blackberry keeps turning off--not battery problem?

[ Edited ]

hello,

my issue is my blackberry bold 9900 keeps turning off!

ithought it was a battery problem, but i tried another battery and the phone still turns off..sometimes when it turns off, it reboots itself, or sometimes it doesnt..same goes with it blinking a red light

once i plug my phone into the charger, theres a greater chance of it turning back on and not turning off and rebooting and it doesnt even charge my battery Smiley Frustrated also when i take out the charger, it autmoatically shuts down. what is the problem? i updated my OS to the latest as well Smiley Frustrated

and on top of this, i have no warranty on my phone. awesome.

really appreciate it if someone could enlighten me with an alternate solution!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: globacom

Re: blackberry keeps turning off--not battery problem?

Try switching your wifi or bluetooth on permanently....

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

I am having the same issue with my Blackberry 9900. Since it is just one month old and it is under warranty, i have given it blackberry service center.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Bump. I also have this exact same problem and have reloaded and updated the software multiple times.

No warranty here either.

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I've been having the exact same problem and mine isn't covered by warranty anymore either. I've updated my software like I've been told to do and I've even replaced the battery and it still is not working. The only time my 9900 will turn on is if it's plugged into my computer. Even then, I still have a hard time turning it on  so that it can connect to the PC.

I'm on my second Blackberry and I'm not feeling too confidant with Blackberry these days. I really wish they could offer more support and help to their customers, since it still is their product they've manufactured. If I can't get any help with fixing or replacing it, I'm going to be forced to look at a different brand. It sucks because I really did like Blackberry but if I were to get another one, how do I know that this won't happen to my next phone and I won't be able to get help with fixing the problem?

Please help!!