Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
lalit1212
My Device: Bold 9900

blackberry services worked on bold 9900

Hi All,

Strange enough, my blackberry services worked on WIFI on Doha airport despite the fact that the sim i was using was from UK and was prepaid. So, no way it was where my blackberry services are. Perhaos BIS services on my Bold 9000 was working on that Wifi. Never before and never after it worked on any other wifi. Any idea?

Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: blackberry services worked on bold 9900

Blackberry services always work on wifi, if you have a SIM installed within the device that has an active BIS subscription regardless of the fact that the phone has cellular network or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
New Contributor
lalit1212

I Guess i didnt make myself clear. i live inn India and the sim that i  use inn india which has got blackberry plan, never works once i am abroad even when i am on wifi. Whereas whileat doha airport, i wasnt using my Indian Vodafone sim. It was rather a UK card and i started getting emails when i got connected to wifi. even my BBM was working. Whereas otherwise it has never happened and i must have been to 1000 times abroad and o wifferent wifi zones.

Super Contributor
ukmight

If you have noticed, even I live in India and use a blackberry plan on Vodafone. I get ready access to BIS all over the world when on wifi. It has never been a problem. The fact that you are not getting looks like a problem to me. Do you use a full blackberry plan on Vodafone or a restricted blackberry plan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
New Contributor
lalit1212

So, what you trying to say is that even when you are not on vodafone india network (abroad), even when you are not ussing india vofone card, if you go on wifi anywhere, BBM, Emails etc all works? If so, then i need to talk to customer care as my BB doesnt recv emails or BBM doesnt work.And i am taling about Bold9000 and not Z10. Right?

Super Contributor
ukmight

You need to have the India Vodafone sim card with in the phone irrespective of the fact that you have international roaming service on it. The wifi recognizes that the sim installed has an active BIS subscription and you are have full service.
If you have international roaming on your phone, you can turn off data services while roaming limiting the phone to use data services on wifi when abroad.