Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: After all that....

Hello again,

druiddruid wrote:

although I am very thankful to you for your help, it does not detract from the fact that I could not find a Blackberry helpline and that they seem to rely on kind people like yourselves to sort their problems out.

I'm pretty sure that's been explained a few times in this thread, but for the benefit of others who may come across this thread but may only read the end here, I'll explain it.

You could not find a helpline because, as per the contract all parties are bound to (RIM, the carriers, and yes even the end users), such does not exist (and, since this is a contractual thing, it simply cannot exist). When a carrier agrees to be a carrier of BB devices, they further agree to become the primary support channel for all of their end users. So, all O2 customers start with O2 for their formal support. All Orange customers likewise start with Orange. And down the line of all carriers (the complete list is here:smileyhappy:

Each of those carriers is responsible for providing front line support to their set of end users for EVERYTHING. They (the carriers) have the ability to escalate (at no charge to the end user) cases into RIM that they cannot solve, but the formal process must, by contract, start with the carrier serving the end user. RIM does provide a method to bypass the formal channel and seek support directly from RIM...but such involves fees even for just asking the question, since the end user is bypassing the contract to which all parties are bound. Anyone interested in that can research it here:

That is the way the support model works. There have been plenty of debates on this site about the merits (or, for some, de-merits!) of the model...but those debates are purely academic -- and I've given up participating in them...I now try merely to stick to the facts rather than the "what if?" or "why?" types of questions.

druiddruid wrote:

The previous comment I replied to, seemed to me to  insinuate that I had been a "pain in the posterior"   scoff scoff  - due to my lack of technical knowledge and therefore my inability to answer your somewhat (to me) technical questions adequately.

If, by that, you mean your "sycophant" comment...well, that's certainly not how I interpreted that comment. But, now that we know, we are all better for it perhaps.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

druiddruid wrote:

Hi,

although I am very thankful to you for your help, it does not detract from the fact that I could not find a Blackberry helpline and that they seem to rely on kind people like yourselves to sort their problems out.

The previous comment I replied to, seemed to me to  insinuate that I had been a "pain in the posterior"   scoff scoff  - due to my lack of technical knowledge and therefore my inability to answer your somewhat (to me) technical questions adequately.

Anyway,

Peace be with you all.

Funny, I didn't pick that up at all.  You asked a question, I attempted to answer it.  You had a follow-up response and sdgardne picked up the ball.  In the end, you seemed to be relatively satisfied with the response.  I'm not sure where you thought anyone considered you a "pain in the posterior".

I hope we've addressed your concern to your satisfaction.  If there's anything else we can do, please post back (without worries of being a "you-know-what").  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,756
My Carrier: Verizon

druiddruid wrote:

Hi,

No, quite the contrary. It's been explained to you already that your "helpline" is through Orange. If you can't find the number for the company to which you pay your monthly bill, there's really not much help WE can provide.

BlackBerry doesn't rely on us for anything. We choose to come and try to assist the happy and the disgruntled and the gruntled users, all alike. Because you have some misconception about how you reach your support line, sdgardne has tried to assist you in that, but you've chosen to take potshots at him. Not cool, and I think you owe him an apology for the time he has put in trying to help you.

druiddruid wrote:

due to my lack of technical knowledge and therefore my inability to answer your somewhat (to me) technical questions adequately.

Such as the very technical question of who is your mobile provider/carrier/operator.

Peace be to you, as well.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
druiddruid
My Carrier: orange

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mikeyjay

Re: **bleep** customer service

I don't know how long you have had the phone. If you purchased through Orange you could ask them to replace it for you. Even if it is out of the guarantee period in the UK, the law is sometimes on the side of the consumer. In the Uk you can complain about faulty electrical goods for up to six years.  I don't know the complexities of consumer law but Check your consumer rights first and write to whoever you purchased it from stating that the phone is faulty. They may replace it for you at a reduced rate if you are on a monthly service contract or supply you with a new one if the phone is examined and deemed to be faulty. The suggestion that a 3rd party app may have corrupted the software is a sensible consideration. But you need to check your consumer rights where you are if you  do decide to try and get a replacement. If you know where you stand in relation to the law and show the vendor you know what you are talking about (you will persue a claim through the courts etc,etc,) that may work for you.

mikeyjay.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
druiddruid

Re: **bleep** customer service

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
druiddruid