Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: tata docomo

bold 9700 cant update and gives eror message at loading moule step

HI my bb bold 9700 is dead i tried to install os 6.0 but it wont work with apploader nor desktop software it retuns a error at loaing module stage plz help me i am sucked by this problem for more than a month and tried every thing i cant got my device back please some one hel me

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: bold 9700 cant update and gives eror message at loading moule step

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I think you should try a clean reload, as well as perhaps some punctuation? I do not think that I properly understood your single-sentence post there, so I apologize if what I provide now is redundant, but I really had trouble parsing your post.

You say something about an error...as with most things, the exact and complete content of that would be very helpful...otherwise, you leave us to guess (from perhaps 10,000 possibilities!). Please, when you provide symptoms, provide the exact and complete steps that you take, along with the exact and complete result of each step, including the exact and complete content of any error messages.

You might try cleanly starting over on your PC...cleanly remove the BB OS package as well as the Desktop Software. Then, reinstall both of those to the PC and try again.

You may also want to investigate the use of BBSAK (bbsak.org) to perform the wipe it is capable of.

You may also want to try this procedure to perhaps narrow down the precise causal item:

1. Load your OS "bare bones"...if anything is optional, do not install it.
  2. If the behavior presents immediately, then try a different OS with step 1
  3. If the behavior does not immediately present, then run for as long as it takes for you to be sure that the behavior will not present.
  4. Add one thing -- no matter how tempting, just one.
  5. If the behavior does not present immediately, then again run for long enough to be sure it will not have the same problem
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all things are loaded or the behavior presents

When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.

If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.

If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

thanks for replt sir. i am having problem in apploader at loading module step. device reboot after this. module name is net_rim_cldc.cod and if it is hardware problem what kind of problem it may be

Hall of Famer II

Hello again,

Still, from your limited information, there is no way to guess. You say "having a problem"...again, if there is an error presented, the EXACT and COMPLETE content of the error message would be most helpful indeed. Further, what indication do you have that it is a hardware problem of any kind at all?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

step 1- open apploader

step 2-CONNECT DEVICE

STEP3-CLICK TO NEXT BUTTON

STEP4-SELECTED ONLY BARE BONE FILES

STEP5- NEXT

STEP6-A. Load  jvm and system software completed

b. wait for device initialization completed

c. read application configuration completed

d .updating applications failed at loading module "net_rim_cldc.cod and device reboots and shows error 507

Hall of Famer II

Thank you for that report...it helps tremendously to understand clearly your situation.

I refer you to step 2 of the process I gave you in post 2 above. Something is not going right with this OS loading, and it's wiping itself out (507 means that there is no OS present on the device). It's possible that a different OS package may not present this problem.

I also refer you to BBASK...you may want to use that to first truly WIPE the BB clean so that the OS can truly reload clean and "bare bones". Sometimes, if there is an OS on board the BB, LOADER attempts to reconcile what you've selected against what is already on the BB...that could perhaps be causing a conflict, and WIPING with BBSAK should alleviate that (if it's indeed the cause).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Just installed the os by following the procedure, cape town.

New Contributor

i have wiped my bb 9700 using bbsak.

i have also download and tried os from other carrier but it gives no solution.

still it stops at loading module process:No:

Hall of Famer II

viveksoni wrote:

i have wiped my bb 9700 using bbsak.

i have also download and tried os from other carrier but it gives no solution.

still it stops at loading module process:No:

Hmmm..."gives no solution"...I can only guess what that means...and, whenever you use a different carriers OS package, you must be sure to delete the VENDOR.XML file(s) on your computer...otherwise, that OS package is ignored.

Here's the process I want you to be using:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

You can insert that method for the loading process, trying still the "bare bones" approach. I'm concerned that perhaps, with whatever process you are using, the proper OS package is not being selected. This should cause a specific OS package to be used -- the only one that is installed to your PC.

If all else fails, some of the tricks in these articles might be useful:

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

thanks for reply again sir.

i tried to wipe device with bbsak.

device wipe successful and also deleted vendor xml file

now device reebot at reconecting to jvm and shows wiping upto 10% and device reboot automaticaly afer that

please help:Boat: