Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

bold 9700 internal memory full

my internal memory is full. and the phone is really slow. how can i delete some app on my phone to create more memory space

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: bold 9700 internal memory full

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You say "internal memory"...there are multiple kinds of memory. If you meant AppMemory and indeed want to proceed to remove apps, then follow this KB:

• KB10040How to remove a third-party application from a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks, having try deleting app from application management but still yet my phone app memory is still low. Please if you have any other idea.

Also, do u have any idea about the "security wipe" for user installed application. Just wanna know if I delete all user installed application, does that means the all app that I downloaded will be remove including the upgrade version I have on my phone. Thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Please clarify what you mean by low memory -- "low" is a quantitative judgment...please provide the number.

As for a WIPE, this KB documents what it will accomplish:

• KB16307Actions performed by the BlackBerry smartphone during the removal of stored user and application data

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey ifetop_12,

usually when the memory on your phone begins to decrease and your phone needs more memory it'll start deleting your messages and your SMS... is that happening? also if you want to know exactly how much room you have left go to MENU -> OPTIONS (Wrench icon) -> STATUS and it'll give you a list of stuff but what your gonna be interested is in the "File Free" part... what does that say?

also if your phone is sluggish it's prolly an App running in the background that hogging up all of your available resources... try exiting all your pograms. also wiping your phone basically erases all your data and applications to factory default. meaning your OS update (if you updated that is) will be there but everything else will be erased.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Contributor

Hi JRab,

thanks for your help.

My Device: bold
My Carrier: rogers

i'm having the same problem here.

File Free is 0

Free Device Memory is 844.3MB of 879.2

With so much free device memory how can i possibly be out of app memory? How can i increase the alotted app memory. when is a patch to fix this very common problem coming out.

I also have an 8GB Media card in the phone.

Any help is appreciated, Rogers told me today that as of Aug. 2, 2011,  they no longer support Blackberry telephones.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

My App memory is always low no matter how I delete my apps. I have just 2 apps at the moment yet my memory says I have 2MB remaining.