Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
oldsroger
My Device: bold 9700

bold 9700 sensor pad does not work

my sensor pad stopped working.  i had it replaced and the new sensor pad does not work either.  what is the problem/solution?

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Re: bold 9700 sensor pad does not work

[ Edited ]

Hiya,
I'm very sorry but you are going to have to provide more information before anyone can assist here.

Does the trackpad register anything? (clicks, movement, anything at all)
You say you had 'It' replaced, do you mean the device itself or the trackpad? If the trackpad, where was this done?

Prior to it not working, what were you doing? Was the device dropped or hit in any way?
Check on the back under the battery, is there a little square that is pink or red?

-Raelic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
jaime_vazquez
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

I updated my Blackberry OS to version 6.  Ever since my trackpad sensor has become totally unreliable.  It is currently "frozen" for any movement to any portion of the screen.  It does respond if I depress the trackpad, depending on whatever is the selected area of the screen.  I could "unfeeze" it by either hooking it up to a charge or have it sync to my Bluetooth on my car.  After a while I would have to resort to power off/power on the get it to work.  Now, even that fails me.

It is OS 6 bundle 2949.  BTW, this all started after I updated the OS on the phone using the Desktop Manager, which itself was updated. It is at version 7.1.0.37.  No idea what the previous versions of phone OS or Desktop Manager were. Also, when I connect to the Destop Manager I keep getting messages

"Organizer failed to start."

UPDATE: Using a KB article from another post I powered on the 9700 into "Safe" mode.  The trackpad is now functional. I still get the Organizer failed to start message.  It does perfrom fullbackups without any visible error messages.

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Jaime, if the issue persists, I  would recommend trying a Clean Reload of your OS using the DM and see if that gets it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
oldsroger

i had the sensor pad replaced, but it did not solve the problem, so i put the old one back.  i did not drop it.  it has not seen moisture.  i turned it on one day and it did not work.  the button clicked on whatever the application was, but it would not move to other applications.  i uploaded all new software updates and now i cannot get past thelicensing "accept" screen (cannot scroll down or click or anything).  i cannot use the bb for a telephone with this screen in the way.  i went to  service centers and cell phone distributors in flores, guatemala and belize city, belize.  They replaced the sensor pad with no results.

New Contributor
oldsroger

which KB article?  can you direct me to it?       roger

New Contributor
jaime_vazquez

I used KB17877 which describes how to boot the smartphone into Safe Mode.

I also found KB29640, which gives tips on debugging trackpad issues.  I stumbled across that one while searching for the Safe Mode article.

Lots of luck. 

I am also patiently waiting for a reply which describes what is functioning differently in Safe Mode.

New Contributor
jaime_vazquez

I took the phone to a AT&T Service Center and they did a complere reflash/reload of the OS. They did  backup of my data ahead of this and then reloaded it afterwards so nothing was lost except my one downloaded app, which I had to do again and reconfigure.

It took a few days but it again went funky.  Currently operatng in Safe Mode as my only "solution".

New Contributor
jaime_vazquez

[ Edited ]

Oh dear, we be broke again.

Today over lunch, the trackpad again froze up.  Regular power off/power on did not correct the situation, even in "Safe Mode". 

Pulled out the battery, waited and then replaced it.  Tried to go back to Safe Mode.  The pop up panel asked for the OK to stay in Safe mode. But, depressing the trackpad button had no effect.  The panel was stuck open on the screen. Muliple attempts got me nowhere. Now, wonders of wonders, I redid the hard power off and did NOT use the ESCAPE on reboot to get into Safe Mode.  And, behold, the trackpad was now functioning normally. Let's see how long that is the case.

All of this wackiness is driving me crazy.