Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
grandmaitre
My Device: bb bold 9900
My Carrier: congstar

bold 9900 freezes

hi,

i have a problem with my bold 9900. I inserted a new SIM card and now bb wants me to activate my bb-ID. when I enter the password, the phone freezes until i restart it. I reset the password (because i thought it could have been a wrong pw) but it still doesn't work. the phone is connected to my WI-FI, so it also couldn't be because of a missing internet connection. 

thanks,

grandmaitre

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jemarie1988
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: bold 9900 freezes

Did you change the password from the device or  from www.bbid.com page?

Once you type the password  are you getting any   error messages once you type the password? if so  what's the error?

Also, if you cannot pass from the login screen, your bbid  can  be locked  so  confirm how many attempts have you tried.
 If you passed the 10 attempts this can wipe you  phone. Make sure  you have a back up  created  with BB Desktop software so  you can restore everything. you probably need to reload  the software....

Let me know please :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grandmaitre
My Device: bb bold 9900
My Carrier: congstar

i changed it from the bbid website. when i enter the password there are no error messages because the whole phone just freezes. but i will try to make a backup, thank you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jemarie1988
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Tmobile

Go to device

Click on back up

Select Full back up

Then click on  the back up  button

Once its completed :

Go to device

Update

It will be checking for updates....

If there is an update available  select the latest version and try to run it  ( that will take up to  an hour...depending on your internet speed) (   that will install  a  new OS on your BB, that is why  we need to  do a back up first).

If there are no updates available  you can click on  view other version button and  select the  recommended one.

then click installed.

Wait for that  installation to complete and  test the trackpad. If it  works........

Then restore your information

Go to device

Click on restore

Select the back up file that you made  ( it will show you the date)  and  click on restore button.

Good luck    :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.