Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9900

bold 9900 : keys aren't working

hi everyone! The keys of my blackberry aren't working anymore even though the screen is working and it hasn't got wet or anything. It isn't working since a few days, and it's driving me crazy because I receive all the messages and notifications but I can't read them since I can't type my password. I took the battery off, restarted it a thousand times but nothing seems to work ... What should I do ?

Thanks for your help!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: bold 9900 : keys aren't working

You'll have to get the device repaired at a store.  Its a hardware problem.

My Device: bold 9900

I have the same problem the scroller wasn't working so I plugged in the usb to my bb and updated it on desktop manager try that should work it reqiures to wipe everything off your phone though
Forums Veteran III

saadatshah: that will not work in this case.
My Device: bold 9900

Well its doesnt cost anything to try will it....?!
Forums Veteran III

It will be a waste of time. This thread is several months old with no reply from the original poster and I've had the same issue with a blackberry. What you suggest will not work. If there is a password on the device, there isn't a way to type the password once connected to the computer. I doubt the original poster has waited around 3 months with a broken blackberry for another opinion.