Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

alessS
My Device: Bold 9900

bold 9900 : keys aren't working

hi everyone! The keys of my blackberry aren't working anymore even though the screen is working and it hasn't got wet or anything. It isn't working since a few days, and it's driving me crazy because I receive all the messages and notifications but I can't read them since I can't type my password. I took the battery off, restarted it a thousand times but nothing seems to work ... What should I do ?

Thanks for your help!

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: bold 9900 : keys aren't working

You'll have to get the device repaired at a store.  Its a hardware problem.

My Device: bold 9900

I have the same problem the scroller wasn't working so I plugged in the usb to my bb and updated it on desktop manager try that should work it reqiures to wipe everything off your phone though
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

saadatshah: that will not work in this case.
My Device: bold 9900

Well its doesnt cost anything to try will it....?!
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

It will be a waste of time. This thread is several months old with no reply from the original poster and I've had the same issue with a blackberry. What you suggest will not work. If there is a password on the device, there isn't a way to type the password once connected to the computer. I doubt the original poster has waited around 3 months with a broken blackberry for another opinion.