Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

bold 9900 not charging

i have a bold 9900. i have had many problems with this phone i have sent it in for repairs becuase of a faulty usb port several months later the phone will not charge its own battery again. please help.

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: bold 9900 not charging

Hello Jorydnmitchell125

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

In most cases the problem you're having is as a result of a faulty USB port within our device, As you once repaired it in the past ,  I'm sure something gone wrong again within  that USB port . I would suggest contact your service provider or any mobile repair shop to get it fixed .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

But when i plug my device in the L.E.D flashes to tell me it is charging but when i switch the phone on the battery has not gained any charge and most times the battery has lost more of its charge. could the usb still be the fault?

Elite II

Jorydnmitchell125 wrote:

But when i plug my device in the L.E.D flashes to tell me it is charging but when i switch the phone on the battery has not gained any charge and most times the battery has lost more of its charge. could the usb still be the fault?

Hi there,

Well... It may be  !

But can you arrange another good fully charged BlackBerry Battery . If you can then test it in your device to see the results.Please post back with results.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I have been swapping batterys with one of my family memebers 9900 and the battery isnt the problem as neither battery i have tried will charge in my phone. i have to charge the battery in there phone and then swap with them which is not the greatest but it is the only way i can keep my phone charged.

Elite II

Hi there,

Sorry ..then it is definetely a problem within your USB port or the mainboard where the port connects , you should visit your service provider or a good repair shop to get it fixed .

New Contributor

Thanks for your input. But i wont be sending it in for another month and a bit to get it fixed again. 

New Contributor

Something im also not understanding is that when I plug the phone in to my PC it reads fine I can access all the files on the on board  memomry and memory card. surely if there was a problem with the usb port i would not be able to do this? last time it broke i was not able to do this.

Elite II

Hi there ,

If you have any doubt then you can always try an OS reload on your BlackBerry , it will hardly take half an hour . It will not fix any hardware issue but will help with any software issue.

Also , if you wish you can buy any external battery charger , many online services offer such chargers. 

New Contributor

Im not sure how to do the software reload? and as for the external battery charger it is to expensive for me to purchase at this point in time.