12-04-2012 04:40 AM - edited 12-04-2012 04:41 AM
I woke up this morning to a big red x across a battery sign on my blackberry bold 9900, i immeditately took the battery out and used a hirdryer to warm it up as i have been warned about this before. after about 10 minutes i put the battery back in and everything turned on fine, then i went to charge my blackberry and it would not work. I used serveral different ports, wall chargers, different usb cables and points and none of this worked. It had ran almost of battery and stayed working for about and hour when it died again, i then put it in the usb point when i got to work and again it would not charge and the red cross appeared. it is now all taken apart and is sitting on the radiator. Anyone got any ideas of what to do?!
12-04-2012 12:44 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
I've never before heard of the "warming up" trick...odd...nevertheless...
Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):
This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.
It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:
The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.
Good luck and let us know!