Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
nahmean_11
My Device: Blackberry 9900
Accepted Solution

broswer blocked

Hi,

I'm using an unlocked AT&T 9900,whenever i try to access the browser/internet i receive an error :browser blocked.

i've tried reloading the software to the latest version,register the device,resending the service books. Nothing works..

can you advice of any other options?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: broswer blocked

Hello nahmean_11

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Is it a used device or a new one also are you on BIS account or BES.I mean is it a personal phone or a work phone.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nahmean_11

thanks for replying.

It is a used phone that was purchased.

As it relates to BIS or BES, wouldnt be able to say definitely which it was.

I'm also unable to set up BIS email accounts on the phone and use any application that requires internet service.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello nahmean_11

So  its a used device.Do you have a specific BlackBerry data plan on your device from your Carrier also why you are unable to setup BIS on your device did you get any error message  when trying to configure BIS email account. from where you brought that device.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nahmean_11

I'm on an unlimited data plan, hence browsing and emails would be feasible.

When trying to setup an email account the error received is "The email setup application is temporarily unavailable,Try again later".

When trying to log into an application the error received is "you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application,please connect to a wifi network or contact service provider".

Based on that error received,i've concluded that maybe the phone is data locked to AT&T.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nahmean_11

Thanks,going to try that and update you once i'm finish.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello nahmean_11

From the error message it shows that  you are lacking BlackBerry Data Plan or a normal data plan but as you said you had  an unlimited data plan which should atleast allow you to browse.As your device is not allowing that it may only happen under two condition ,

As you said its a Unlock device from AT & T ,But  I think under only two condition it may not allow you to use those services .First if that device is still locked to  the previous Carrier and it is not Unlocked.To know that on your homescreen go to :

OS 6.0  and above:

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings SIM Card

Type MEPD on the screen( you won't see those letter you type on that screen ).

Look for Network. If you see Activated, your BlackBerry is LOCKED. And if its Disabled, then your BlackBerry is UNLOCKED.

Secondly there is still an IT policy on the device which restricting this services and that case try this :

KB14202 : How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry Device. or  try this   KB02318 

Try it and let us know

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nahmean_11

unfortunately the master reset didnt work,even reload the os..still the samething,unable to see the browser icon as well and its not hidden.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nahmean_11

thanks for your response, its disabled and i'm going to try the second option now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nahmean_11

Thanks for all your responses....A java wipe actually fixed everything...able to do everyting now...
Please use plain text.