Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sunilkarnail
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone IN

built apps not working on wifi

I am using BB Bold 9780 & I am facing issues in using the wifi connection. Whenever I open the browser & try to surf on wifi it shows the message "unable to connect to the internet" but as soon as I open the youtube on the device it works properly & then the browser also works fine for some time then again it shows the same message. The same thing is happening with the facebook & twitter apps they work for some time then they dispaly the message that u r currently not on the required data paln connect to wifi. then again when i open youtube it again starts to work then suddenly stops working on wifi.

Please tell me is this the problem of the handset or there is something wrong with my phn settings because the wifi is working properly with all the other mobiles & PC'S  

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: built apps not working on wifi

When it is not working, please look at this:

On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status.
What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunilkarnail

Thanks for the reply, as told by you I checked the manage connection option & then the service status of the BIS it is showing wifi there. I also wanted to confirm that whether we can use the wifi option only after the activation of the d data plan or the without the activation of the data plan.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

sunilkarnail wrote:

Thanks for the reply, as told by you I checked the manage connection option & then the service status of the BIS it is showing wifi there.

I just reread your original post and and no, you didn't say anything about checking your Manage Connections > Service Status screen. If you think you did, perhaps there's some greater confusion.

sunilkarnail wrote:

I also wanted to confirm that whether we can use the wifi option only after the activation of the d data plan or the without the activation of the data plan.

On the new devices and OS releases for OS 7, you can use Facebook and AppWorld with only a WiFi connection and not BIS data service. I don't know what you have on your 9780 device, you haven't said yet.

On the 9780, I believe you are limited at OS6, which will very definitely require a BlackBerry Internet Service Plan, and once that is activated on your device, you can use WiFi or the BIS connection for the apps like AppWorld, FaceBook, BlackBerry Messenger, Youtube, etc.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunilkarnail

[ Edited ]

If we have to activate the BIS plan then wht is the use of the wifi option then, it's a wasteful option then, if this is so then why my youtube application is working fine with the wifi & the facebook & twitter should not work completely & not like my case working for sometime & then closing, other mobiles like Curve, Bold 9700 series are working working fine on my wifi. Atleast my browser should let me browse no matter the built in apps don't work on wifi.

Please use plain text.
nibrasudeen
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: STC

just set automatic update of time in your device and restart it (for best results, switch off, remove your battery and reinsert it). This issue is usually caused by a difference of time in your mobile and the network. This should sort your problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sonynerd
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Aircel

[ Edited ]

I bought new curve 9360 7.1 version and facing same problem. I already set time to automatic during setup but no luck.   My apps working hardly one hour and need reboot for sure.:Oops:

Please use plain text.
JSanders

sonynerd wrote:

I bought new curve 9360 7.1 version and facing same problem. I already set time to automatic during setup but no luck.   My apps working hardly one hour and need reboot for sure

Could you please explain your issue in full and with detail?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sonynerd
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Aircel

I bought new curve 9360 V 7.1, from day 1  im having issue in accessing apps like facebook, whatsapp via WIFI, but the browser & youtube n all working fine without any issues.

Apps will connect for arnd 1hr, then will get pop-up saying " connect to WIFI network or upgrade ur service data plan"

After BB reboot the apps will work for sometime then wil comes to halt.

The service status for WIFI is good and im able to access internet via browser.

I tried your solution, by removing the battery and reboot , the result " apps works for arnd 8hrs quite longer than earlier then halt.

Note: I didnt subscribed to BIS plans, jus trying via WIFI access.

Please use plain text.