Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
cohenscoke
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: du

built-in media storage not accessible due to detected error (blackbery bold 9900)

its already been 3days that i am unable to use my phone (blackberry bold 9900) . it doesnt boot up successfully. I think it has something to do with the built-in memory. I got an error message that the built-in memory can not be accessed due to detected errors. 

I have not used the built-in memory and haven't stored anything on it. I find it weird that while i dont have anything on it, its caused me a seriuos problem.

I have tried to repair the built-in memory several times and then finally, 3 days ago my phone hanged and when i tried to pull the battery out and put it back, it won't boot up. the boot-up line indicator will only reach pass half-way and thats it, dead end. it wont boot successfully.

I have tried to "repair" it through desktop manager without success. i tried to "update" it as well and ended up updating 4 version of OS 7's but it doesn't solve my problem. 

at times it will open but only for a good 2mins or so.. then it froze and i have to pull the battery out again. putting it back would bring me back to the same dead end of booting up without success. 

finally it booted up and did "format" built-in memory (ticked/unticked - save cluster etc) but it only froze. and have to restart the phone again. its frustrating. 

When the phone successfully opened, i did "security wipe" but it was not successful and it just made my phone restarted without success.

Hope you can teach/tell me what to do on how can i resolve this dilema. I trust that this support forum can help me with my phone problem. 

i would appreciate it if anyone can help me with the above. =)

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: built-in media storage not accessible due to detected error (blackbery bold 9900)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The exact error message you see concerning the memory would be most helpful...I find nothing quite correct using the exact words you provided.

But, given what you have described, I do not think there is anything you can do. I believe you need diagnosis from a qualified hardware technician, with the device in their hands. If you remain under warranty, you should seek support via that channel (either your mobile service provider, your original place of purchase, or an authorized service center -- it varies by region, so I can't tell you what your warranty coverage is...check your original purchase documentation). If you are out of warranty, then seek out a local (to you) shop with a qualified hardware technician.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cohenscoke

Re: built-in media storage not accessible due to detected error (blackbery bold 9900)

the exact error message is "the built-in media storage is not accessible due to detected error, would you like to repair it?"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cohenscoke

I tried to do a safe mode and the phone opens. But when I went to see the storage I can see that the built-in media storage is not accessible
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ahhh...now I see my mistake...I was only reading the body of your post, and missed that you'd said "media" in the subject line, but "memory" in the body. So you've likely already done this:

• KB26025 “Built in media storage not accessible due to detected errors. Would you like to repair?" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

As such, I fear that my original suspicions were correct. Something is physically damaged with the memory inside the device -- and it is not the accessible Media Card, which you could replace. Hence, since you've already done all things to try and repair it, it now falls down to the physical layer, for which you need that qualified hardware technician to give you any further diagnosis and possible repairs.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cohenscoke

That's sad to know. Now that I have turned it on , on safe mode. Do u think its ok to just keep it like that forever lol or do u think It will fix the built-in media storage if I format it on a safe mode state?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Given what you describe, I cannot predict anything. It might work, it might not. So you may as well try...it can't get any worse, can it?

The BB requires the Device Memory space for certain things...transient files while you work, log files of some things, etc. etc. etc. If that memory space has errors, then the read/write activity to it is subject to failure at any moment. Further, if it is perhaps the read/write controller rather than the memory itself, then the errors could compound and spread, and be very random indeed. But, all of that is physical stuff...nothing you can do can overcome that, if it is indeed the case.

But, again, only a qualified hardware technician with the device in their hands can give you a proper diagnosis. Attempting to diagnose something this serious at our Internet distance is fraught with peril and error...I strongly urge you to seek professional in-person assistance.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cohenscoke

Ok thank u for the info and ur quick replies. It makes me feel proud to be a loyal bb user with this kind of support forum. All the best. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...best of luck to you!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
delbrit
My Carrier: Etisalat

hello,

just seen your posting and I guess the same error has hit me.

Over the last couple of weeks all of a sudden was getting the error " built in media storage not accessible due to detected error on my bold 9900.

The same as i use a mem card so nothing that im aware of was saved on my built in memory. At first i tried to repair to no sucess and then i tried formatting which worked and had to do the same every couple of days in the event that i had to restart my phone.

Also i noticed that ever since the problem occured the phone would auto turn itself off and sometimes just freezr which would force me to do a battery pull and restart.

Finally it happened yesterday and Im really helpless, the phone froze did a battery pull and now the device will not boot up. The boot up line indicatore will only reach pass the half way and thats it, dead end. It will not boot sucessfully and Im really worried as not only i dont have a phone now but all my dats such as contacts are on it (atleast my music and photos were on a mem card)

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP HELP HELP>> atleast to get my phone working again or whats the best option as my phone is over a here now so the warranty does not suffice!

Appreciate your feedback

Thanks

D

Please use plain text.