Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

KCW
Visitor
KCW
My Device: Bold 9930

call dropped, new call initiated

Hi,

I have a BB Bold, 9930; and this is my 3rd phone where I am experiencing the same issue.  While on a call (incoming and outgoing), this call is disconnected and the phone selects a previously dialed number and initiates a new call.  If I allow the phone to ring, the call will go through.  My carrier is Verizon and I have been on the phone for hours with their Tech Support trying to identify the cause of this problem.  Verizon did a master re-set of the software, the problem continued. Verizon sent me a new phone but I experienced the same problem.   With the second phone, this happened with every call; first phone, it was not consistent.  With the second phone, Verizon Tech Support again did some trouble shooting, this time by checking phone settings.  The cause of problem could not be identified and today I received a third Bold 9930.  Again,with this 3rd phone, I am experiencing the same issue. The only option I have for preventing this issue is to press the lock button at the top of the phone.  This is not a solution as I am not able to use other features of the phone while on call, such as speaker or add participant.  What is causing this problem and how can it be fixed?

Thank you - Karen

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: call dropped, new call initiated

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

This is a very strange issue indeed. But, at our internet-distance, it would be quite challenging for any of the volunteers here to try and second guess the formal support you already have in process. I recommend you stick with them, because you pay them for the very support you need.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code