Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
emilyp5023
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

can i re-install a paid app after I delete it?

Hey there, I'm trying to clean out my bold, and I have some themes i've downloaded, but paid for. I want to know if I can delete them, but at a later time re-instal without having to pay again?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: can i re-install a paid app after I delete it?

For most of them, the answer is yes.  If you bought one through App World, it's definitely yes because App World keeps track of your  purchases for life and allows you to download a paid app again at no charge.

For any themes you purchased outside of App World, you'd be best to contact the developer directly to find out.  I'm guessing most would grant a free download if you could prove you already paid for the theme once by way of a purchase order number.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emilyp5023

Awesome! Thanks, but what about apps I downloaded as the thank-you gifts? Same deal? And if I get a new bb down the road? As long as they're avaliable for the same device? Cause I've downloaded color id before and it said I'd have to pay again... But that was on my first bb (pearl 8130, I'm on my third lol, gotta get the newest technology!)
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

It doesn't matter which device you're using, if you had an app downloaded to one of your phones, you can transfer it to another (even free gifts from RIM).

What you have to do is go to App World on your phone and log in.  Once in, go to My World and look for Installed at the top of the list.  Click it to access Uninstalled.  All of those apps are ones you've had installed on a device but for one reason or another are no longer installed (changing devices would be a cause of this).  If you click those apps one by one, you'll be given the choice to reinstall each one on your current phone.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emilyp5023

Yes, it does help. I remembered why I couldn't reinstall the color id app. I forgot my appworld log in info :smileytongue: .. But thank you so much for yer help!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

some apps actually don't let you load the paid version again, they wants you to pay again. this happent with me with an app from S4BB and they refused to respond to my e-mails. luckily it wasn't much money so i just left it at that and promised myself to never buy from them again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
timmac15
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: can I re-install a paid app after I delete it?

Slightly different question.  I am going through apps on my BlackBerry Z10 and I need to uninstall an app but remove it from My World so it doesn't show under Available apps.  Will I need to pay for it again if I do this?

Many thanks. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

I think as long as you bought the app from BlackBerry World, there's a permanent record of it, even on the Z10 and therefore you shouldn't have to pay for it again.

If anyone knows differently, please chime in. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.