Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9870
My Carrier: swisscom

can't connect to wifi

hi so my problem with my bb is i can't connect to our wifi lately.

i have bb bold 9780. our wifi has password. i typed it many times but still can't connect.. our other device(laptop/iphone) all connected to the internet without any issue.

you can see below the screen capture.

I had no problems connecting with wifi before using my bb. but now... idk :smileyindifferent:

wifi

╔═════════════════════════╗
║ .act happy, feel happy, be happy ヽ(´ヮ`)ノ. ║
╚═════════════════════════╝
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: can't connect to wifi

[ Edited ]

Hello,

This KB is on point:

• KB29914 Receiving error "Failed to connect to the network" when attempting to connect BlackBerry smartphone to wi-fi network

But I am not sure if it is truly applicable...if this is a home network, then it's not likely applicable.

If the KB is not applicable, then the return message is accurate...there must be something quite subtle about the password that is not matching...e.g., caps, special characters, etc. You might try changing the network password to see if you can connect. You also might try connecting the BB to other WiFi networks to provide further hints as to what the problem may be. If your WiFi has WPS and your BB can use that, then you can avoid the need to manually type in the password.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

well with the password, i am sure that i typed it correctly.

anyways. i will try to go to the shop where i bought it && see what they can do hehe.

thanks for the quick response. :smileyhappy:

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

The shop where you bought the BB? Hmmm...without the WAP in range, I fail to see how that can be directly useful. Of course, they could perform a test with their WiFi to see if something is going on with the BB itself (for which some of what I recommended might be helpful, but you do not mention that at all, so I assume you choose to skip it)...but you yourself could make such a test with your neighbor, StarBucks, or other WiFi networks.

In any event, good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

ahaha yeah you're right. y didn't i think of that hehe.

ok will try it tomorrow.

thanks again :smileyhappy: