Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

bedevil
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

can't manage settings required former employer

I recently left my former employer who provided a Blackberry Bold 9650 under a corporate account through Sprint. After leaving my previous employer I was able to keep the phone. The account has been transitioned for about 60 days now to a personal account through Sprint. While part of the previous company, certain settings were managed by the enterprise that I was unable to change. One requires that the phone be password protected, an another realted setting requires the phone to lock after 15 minutes of idle time. Now that I have a personal account I still cannot manage these settings. Both are controlled by settings that I can find in the tools but I do not have permission to alter the settings. The former employer wiped all prior data from the phone and says they no longer control it.. Sprint has been unable to find a resolution. We have done a hard reset on the phone which didn't correct the problem and then did a complete fresh load of the operating system, which also did not work.

Any ideas on what to do or how to direct Sprint would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,906
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: can't manage settings required former employer

See the RIM Knowledge Base article here for information on how to remove an IT Policy. See the Method Three in the link:

KB14202 How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

Read this RIM Knowledge Base article to reset your device to the factory settings.
KB18998 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.