Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

s88
Visitor
s88
My Device: Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

can't upgrade my device 9780 os 6.0.0.285 (863) to (2115) also my bbm is gone after i update to bbm 6.. HELP ME PLS

[ Edited ]

i try to upgrade my device (9780) software from OS 6.0.0.285 bundle 863 to bundle 2115 (i guess) using blackberry desktop software and from web.. but it keep telling me the same notification "An error has occurred while downloading software for your device.  Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists."

my internet connection is fine.. i can still browsing and download other things.

I already try to download the device software from the list of provider (in this case, I use indosat, cause im in indonesia) and the site is under maintenance huff.... >.<

when i giving up on upgrading my os, i try to upgrade my bbm to bbm 6 version.. then, my device reboot.. and its gone.. there's no bbm icon.. in my application management, there's blackberry messenger still in version 5, but when i try once again) download the new one from the web, it said "Already installed"

please help me solve this..

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: can't upgrade my device 9780 os 6.0.0.285 (863) to (2115) also my bbm is gone after i update to bbm 6.. HELP ME PLS

Hi s88,

Welcome to the Suppport Forums!

Regarding the issue with BBM, make sure BBM is uninstalled from your applications list and reinsert your battery. Then try to reinstall BBM by browsing to www.blackberry.com/bbm using your BlackBerry browser.

When upgrading your device software, you will need to download the device software released by the original wireless provider of the BlackBerry. If an update is available there, I would advise installing this on your PC and retrying the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!