Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Raduty
My Device: Curve 8520

cannot connect to server on yahoo messenger

Starting with yesterday i am unable to log in to my yahoo messenger app: cannot connect to server. I have tried re-sending service books, re-assigning the device to network, rebooting numerous time. I even called AT&T and they said it is a yahoo issue since they are updating their systems. I have no problem logging in from my PC. Please help

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: cannot connect to server on yahoo messenger

Good day

It seems to me that if its yahoo isn't you just got to sit tight and wait I know yahoo did have sync issues couple of weeks ago.

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
lezonslernd
My Device: Blackberry Bold

I am not a happy camper, like you. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Verizon today tier 1 and 2 level tech support and then eventually tech support with BB. Starting last night, 4/21/14, I also have not been able to connect to the Yahoo IM server. I have used this AP for years with no issue until last evening. Something has happened for sure. Obviously it isn't sa Verizon issue if you, being on AT&T also have a problem. Blackberry said it isn't them  because all my other aps and internet work fine. They assured me it was a Yahoo issue and to call Yahoo. I then spend 2 hours on HOLD to get a Yahoo person in South Texas to help. She immediately states that the Yahoo IM AP for BB is a custom one made for BB and that BB, NOT Yahoo manages the tech support for their ap. I knew this was going to happen since on the Yahoo site it says this very clearly to all BB users using the YAHOO IM AP. I had told this to BB tech and they told me there was nothing more he could do. Yahoo said she would have to escalate the matter to Yahoo tech support to look into this issue. Interestingly, if you go to your AP World on BB and look at the Reviews for the Yahoo IM AP, you will see hundreds of people stating the same issue. Not sure how new/old those reviews are (I just posted there as well), but clearly we are not alone.

I use this AP daily so I do hope that it is resolved, just wanted you to know that I have made this very clear with Yahoo that there is a MOBILE AP issue with BB (no issues on the PC or laptop) but their cell server obviously is down or problematic. What makes me mad is that no one from Blackberry bothered to look at the AP reviews to see that there is clearly a problem here, rather than telling me mine is an isolated incident.

Keep our fingers crossed this is addressed soon. If you can file an e-mail complaint with Yahoo as well.

lezonslernd

Here is what Yahoo posts on their site:

Yahoo Messenger BlackBerry Support

Customers with a BlackBerry device need to determine whether an issue pertains to their device, application, or their Yahoo account in order to get appropriate assistance.  This article describes how to make this determination and how to contact the right help team.

For How-To assistance:

The version of Yahoo Messenger that is downloaded from BlackBerry was purchased by BlackBerry from Yahoo. BlackBerry did this so that the program could be customized for their devices.

Because of these customizations, Yahoo is unable to offer support. We recommend that you contact BlackBerry for assistance.

For assistance with errors, unexpected behavior, or other technical issues:

1. Determine if the issue is with your Yahoo account or with the BlackBerry application:
  2. If you are experiencing an issue with either of the above, please contact Yahoo Customer Care by clicking Contact Customer Care on the right side of this page. Be sure to include details about the issue as it occurs on the Yahoo website or Yahoo Messenger for Mobile Web service as we cannot test functionality on BlackBerry devices.

If these issues occur only within the application on your BlackBerry device, please contact BlackBerry to resolve your issue. BlackBerry provides all support for the Yahoo Messenger application on their devices.

lezonslernd

Ok well now I got the offical contact back from Yahoo tech support officially letting me know they will not offer support to Blackberry customers because BB purchase the AP from Yahoo and customizes it for their devices so it IS a BB issues.

How do we bring this to BB attention to have THEM respond to OUR frustration with this.

Blackberry- we need your help in getting this remedied ASAP!!!

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino

Your not the only one having issues with yahoo. why don't you follow the tips that they suggested.

New Contributor
Raduty
My Device: Curve 8520

The issue was fixed this morning, i was able to log on... i did absolutely nothing. I had previously tried all the advice offered on yahoo site as well as other forums and that did not fix the problem. I have to say, i am very disappointed with Blackberry support. First of all, i could not even find a number or email where to send my complaint, just links to different issues. I hope the problem is fixed for good. Thank you for everyone's feedback!

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino

You mention that everything else was working prefectly fine but Yahoo Messenger that isn't BlackBerry issue. Trust me