Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
eskibus
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: t.mobile
Accepted Solution

cant set up email

i just got a new bold 9900 but  cant set up my email account,it checks for updates and says 'YOUR DEVICE ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM WITH THIS APPLICATION SERVER'

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: cant set up email

Hi eskibus

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS in your account from your Carrier T-Mobile ? 

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eskibus

Yes,i do. i use it for every other thing,bbm,internet except the email.thank u

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi eskibus

Thanks for this info ! So first register your handheld with your Carrier network ,On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone,

a) Click Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > 

b) Press the Menu key and click Register Now

c) Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

KB00510 :  How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

Once you recieve the Registration message in your message box , perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is powered on , wait for atleast a min then re-insert it back. Finally after reboot from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/integrate  to add / edit your email account. 

Please try it, it might help.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eskibus

worked  like magic. thank you

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello eskibus

You are most welcome ... Enjoy :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eskibus

hai,thanks for your help. maybe you can help me once again. i have been having issues with the phone. i inserted a memory card but sometimes,it says media card is disabled and i dont get to view pictures. i removed the media card and the same thing occurs. when i restarted,i can see the pictures again. overall ,the phone has not been working well. anything i can do,may be trouble shoot or something?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I found not all memory cards work well in all phones. 

With the Bold and Z10, I have used PNY, and Kingston cards. I strongly believe Corsair should also work well. The next issue is the type of memory card. I use class 10 type cards for our phones. They are a bit more costly, but they perform well. With the Z10, because of its very fast camera and timelaps option it is best to use a class 10 card.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

eskibus wrote:

hai,thanks for your help. maybe you can help me once again. i have been having issues with the phone. i inserted a memory card but sometimes,it says media card is disabled and i dont get to view pictures. i removed the media card and the same thing occurs. when i restarted,i can see the pictures again. overall ,the phone has not been working well. anything i can do,may be trouble shoot or something?

Inaddition , If you're encountering issues with your Media Card then first thing to do is a backup of all your data within that media card . Once you have your backup try to format it from within your device or using a PC .

KB10527 : Media card cannot be read.Verify that the memory card is formatted

Also re-check that media card support is enabled within your device setting ,for that On your Homescreen Go to  Options > Device > Storage > Be Sure that " Media Card Support " is Marked within that screen.

As suggested it is always adviced to use a good quality media card , I hope you're using .

Please use plain text.