Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
leonard1935
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: t mobile

cant text to my mum

I have had this blackberry for a while now, i have never had a problem before, i was texting as normal everyday to the same mobile number (my mum) suddenly shes not replying, so rang her on the landline and she said she hasnt recieved my texts !!!.  really strange as i then text my son who recieved my text AND my partner who also recieved my text.  I am recieving text messages from everyone but this one number will not send message.  I have tried resetting phone-no joy, deleting and readding number-no joy, deleting the number from my contacts and then texting manually-no joy, resent service books-no joy, updated software-no joy, took out battery, left for a while and rebooted-no joy.  Please help as its driving me mad not being able to text my mum. thankyou in advance.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
g_neus
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: cant text to my mum

Is your mum able to text anyone else??  Could it be an issue with your mum's phone and not yours??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leonard1935

i can recieve mums texts, and ive checked her phone and hers seems fine, she can text and call as normal. my phone is ok can text and call everyone else as normal, i can ring my mum but just cant text her, very strange
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leonard1935

Any help would be much appreciated as I have recently lost my dad and my mum needs me thanks so much for listening
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

are you 100% sure your mum's phone can receive SMS ?

I had a problem once with an old Motorola phone, I had 999 SMS in my inbox and this prevented me to receive SMS. I had to delete dozens of SMS.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leonard1935

yes ive tried emptying my inbox (and my mums but still nothing

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

tried emptying or emptied ?
besides you should look both in your SMS inbox and your SMS Sent messages too.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.