Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9790 blod
My Carrier: telus

charging the 9790 touch screen

when charging my 9790 touch screen, the screen randomly changes and makes its own selections if I touch a key. Any1 have this problem?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: charging the 9790 touch screen

I have heard of things like this before, and it's usually indicative of a hardware issue such as moisture damage. But before we go that route, try doing a simple battery pull - while the phone is on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, reboot and wait for the phone to reboot. Does that help? If not, the next step is to make sure you're working with a clean screen. Use a microfibre cloth to remove any oils that may be on the surface of the phone. If that still doesn't help, the next step is to reload the software on the phone. To do that, use the steps in the following link:

If you're still seeing the issue after all of that, it is 99% likely to be a hardware issue. In that case, I would take the phone in to your Telus dealer or contact Telus for assistance. Note: if your phone has been exposed to moisture, your phone won't be eligible for warranty repair. In this case, it might be cheaper to take your phone to a cellphone repair shop and have them change you screen.

Good luck and I hope this info helps out! Keep us posted on how it work out for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!