Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
escualida
My Device: Not Specified

choosing which email to use in the "send using" option of the calendar?

Hi,

I have a Bold that I love, and I currently have 2 emails that I'm using with it, and it has created a calendar for both which is great because I love to keep work stuff separate from personal stuff.

The problem is this: whenever I create a new event in the calendar it automatically assigns it to my personal calendar. While editing the event at the top I can see that it says "send using" and then my personal email address, but it doesn't let me switch this option to my other address, or even to the default calendar.
I know that in advanced options you can change the default calendar but the problem remains, I'm not able to choose which calendar I want to assign the event to.

Is it like that for everyone or just me? What should I do?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: choosing which email to use in the "send using" option of the calendar?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

When you are in the calendar if you press the menu key and scroll down do you have

the option to Select Calendar?

Just a note; be careful not to use the device calendar. Information on the device calendar will

not sync with the desktop manager. Make sure you are using a calendar associated with

an email address.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
escualida

Hi,

When I am viewing the calendar I do have the option to Select Calendar. Is that the only way to change which one you want to use to input the event? Is there no way to switch an event from one calendar to another once it's created?

Also, I use a Mac and don't sync my calendars with my computer, I use Google Sync to sync with my Google Calendar. Which is also a problem because when I input an event in Google, when it syncs with my BB it automatically assigns it to the email that is set as the default.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

I have no other option listed to switch an appointment to a different calendar.

Not in the menu, or when you click the calendar appointment. You do have the option

when you setup the appointment manually.

As far as Google synch adding the appointment to the default calendar, logically to me

if it didn't it would defeat the purpose of a default setting.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
escualida

By "set up your appointment manually" do you mean that you first have to select which calendar to view, and then create the appointment? Or does it let you do it when you are viewing all calendars?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

I mean when creating the appointment on the Blackberry.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please use plain text.