Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Haiphong
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

contact list did not fully transfered from blackberry bold 9700 to 9900

Hi, I followed the instruction to swith blackberry devices but not all of my contacts transferred over.  I believe only the contact in the SIM card is available in my new blackberry.  Is there anyway to transfer the rest of the contact over?  Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: contact list did not fully transfered from blackberry bold 9700 to 9900

Hi Haiphong,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Is it possible that the contacts on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone were wirelessly synchronized with an email account? If this is the case, the contacts would not be transferred to your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone.

Step 1 of this KB article provides information on how to disable the wireless synchronization to transfer your contacts. "Unable to backup or restore some databases to a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/RsKIyF

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Haiphong
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

Thank you Frank,

I did what your link suggest to disable the wireless sync.  However, it was not the problem as the only email that was on wireless sync was an email account I don't use.  I ran the switching program again with the desktop, the same missing group of contact was still missing.  In addition, one of my email account (one I use the most) is not listed in its individual mail box anymore.  I did the mail set up again to add this email account but it is still not showing in its individual mail box.  The mails appear in the general box which includes all mails from other mail boxes.  Would you please help?

Many thanks,

Huyen

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi Haiphong,

For the issue you are having with the email account, try clearing your Messages database and testing with new messages only. For further instructions, please see the following KB article: http://bbry.lv/JtQKcw

Regarding the contacts not transferring, can you please verify that the contacts are being saved when you backup the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone? You should be able to see the number of entries in the database when using the restore feature in the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.