Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
welly89
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: student

delete email

in blackberry 9900 how can i delete email message from both device and computer??

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrupadhyay
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 (6.0.0.246 {695}) / Blackberry Curve 9360 (7.0.0.319 {1555})
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel (India) / Vodafone (India)

Re: delete email

Hi welly89,

Is this a BES or a BIS device.

BES would be controlled by your organization's IT department and BIS is provided by your service provider.

What email are you trying to delete? (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.)?

Please provide further details so we can try and help you with this.

hth

mrupadhyay

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primary Phone - Blackberry Torch 9800 - Bharti Airtel (India) / Secondary Phone - Blackberry Curve 9360 - Vodafone (India) / Blackberry PlayBook 64GB
If you appreciate the help provided by my post, I would appreciate the "Like" :smileyhappy:
If this post solves your problem, please mark "Accept As Solution".
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
welly89

sorry but what is BIS and BES? and how can i know it?

thanx for your help

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrupadhyay
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 (6.0.0.246 {695}) / Blackberry Curve 9360 (7.0.0.319 {1555})

If this device has been provided by your organization/company/firm, it probably runs on BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). If the device was bought by you and is used on a personal basis, it runs on BIS (Blackberry Internet Service).

Thus the question, are the emails on your computer work emails OR internet emails (web emails).

Regardless of what emails they are, you can set up synchronization on your device so that it deletes emails from the "Handheld and the Server".
Personally, I use the prompt during delete and it allows me the flexibility to store what I want on the server or get rid of it completely.

hth

mrupadhyay
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primary Phone - Blackberry Torch 9800 - Bharti Airtel (India) / Secondary Phone - Blackberry Curve 9360 - Vodafone (India) / Blackberry PlayBook 64GB
If you appreciate the help provided by my post, I would appreciate the "Like" :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
welly89

my devise is BIS..ok but how can i do the synchronization ?

thanx for your help and Sorry for the inconvenience..
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrupadhyay

No need to apologize, we are all users of Blackberry trying to help each other out here.

Open the messages folder and then select options.
Under that you should be able to see an option called "Message Reconciliation".
Select the email account you want to synchronize and also the settings from the dropdown menu below.
Please remember, even if you ask for an email (for e.g. Gmail) to be deleted from teh device and the server, it may still reside in the Trash folder online.

hth

mrupadhyay
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
welly89

thaaaaaaaaaaanx alot i do it....i have other problem when i open an attachment in email appear this message (More request cannot be completed. Service book information not found) what i do???

I am very happy to deal with you
Please use plain text.