Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Pearl 8120

disabled bluetooth removal

Hello,

I had a aliph prime jawbone bluetooth connected to my pearl 8120 and it worked fine for a while. However, the bluetooth started acting up and I had to reset the device as recommended by the manufactorer.  Now, I cannot get it to re-pair with my blackberry.  The instructions say to delete the old bluetooth connection on my blackberry, but it won't let me since the blue tooth is disabled.  The blackberry instructions say that the bluetooth needs to be enabled in order for me to delete it.  I can't enable it since I  had to reset the bluetooth.  How do I delete the old settings without enabling the bluetooth?  Please help!!  This is so frustrating!!

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: disabled bluetooth removal

You need to enable bluetooth first. 

Go to Options >Bluetooth.  It should say "Disabled."  Hit the menu key and select "Enable Bluetooth."

Now you should see the list of devices.  If your device is still listed, then simply highlight it, hit the menu key and select "Delete Device."

When that is done, simply put your BT device in pairing mode, and on the BB hit the menu key and select "Add Device."  They should now pair up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!