Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Berry_Pink
My Device: Blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: 3 UK

does a bricked blackberry still charge?

hi i posted in this forum a few days ago about my blackberry 9000 that would not turn on or be recognized no matter what i did when connected through usb to the pc, instead it flashed 4 red lights over and over.

i drained the battery in my friends husbands bold 9000 till it was fully dead to test out a theory: i popped it in mine and put the blackberry on charge - no lights at all and no lights now (its been charging 10 hours in a wall plug)

does a bricked (this is what the shop techie said when taking it to him for a fix and then refused to fix it for me cause its a paperweight) blackberry still charge up normally? mine isnt charging the battery so im wondering if the reason its undetectable by my pc is because the charging ports faulty or is it standard that a bricked blackberry no longer bothers to charge your battery because it wont turn on

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cochamarco
My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: does a bricked blackberry still charge?

try to change your battery
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Berry_Pink
My Device: Blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: does a bricked blackberry still charge?

ive done that already, both batteries work in another bold and charge up in them too. im wondering if bricked blackberries charge their batteries or if my charging port is faulty ontop of the phone being bricked
Please use plain text.