Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

e-mail "FROM" name

When sending an e-mail on my BlackBerry, I notice my "From" shows up as something I didn't want it to be so I changed in within the settings of my e-mail which is Yahoo.  So now, when I send an e-mail from the PC, it displays how I want but I notice that on the BlackBerry Bold it didn't change.  Under my settings on my Bold, it IS set how I want it to be but still doesn't work.  How do I change the "From" field when sending mail off the Bold?

Before you answer, please note that on my device, in settings, it IS set how I want so no need to tel me to go to settings & check there :smileyhappy:

TIA

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deepakkhatri
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: e-mail "FROM" name

You can change your diplay name which appears in FROM field in the recepient mail box, you just need to go to message box, press bb menu, select options, select email account management, select edit option of your yahoo account, change the desired name you want to display in "your name" field..

Hope this will fulfill the expectations
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Thanks. That takes me to the "settings" & I have already set that. It does NOT say in the "from" field in there, the same as what is showing up when the e-mail comes in.  This is why I'm confused on how to change it.  I even deleted the email account & readded & didn't change anything.  But it is BB related because when sending on the PC, it doesn't happen. Only when I send from the BB.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

It will not show "From", it will be headed as "Your Name" type the desired name you want.

Good luck..!!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

"It will not show "From", it will be headed as "Your Name" type the desired name you want."

You're right.. it is "Your Name" & that is exactly where I stated in my first post that I have already checked.

the "your name" is how I want it. When I email, it is Not how I want it... it's different. WHY?

How do I fix?

TIA
Please use plain text.
Contributor
deepakkhatri

Hi, when you receive an e mail from your own I'd, it will show, From: "Your Desired Name", on the top of the mail, and will show to other also when you send them mail, I think that is issue, pls correct me if I am wrong, and you are getting the same thing done in PC, as you might have set that setting in your webmail, but for getting the same done in your mobile also, you have to state your desired name which you want others to see in the FROM field on the top of the mail, you to do said settings

Hope this could have the solution

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Hi, when you receive an e mail from your own I'd, it will show, From: "Your Desired Name", on the top of the mail, and will show to other also when you send them mail, I think that is issue, pls correct me if I am wrong

when i send a mail on my BB cell, my "your desired name" does not show how I want it. to show.  yes, that is correct

and you are getting the same thing done in PC,

No.  When sending mail off my PC, it IS displaying "your disired name" properly, how i have set it to beso, this is how I know it is not a web mail setting as it works on pc.

as you might have set that setting in your webmail,

so, this is how I know it is not a web mail setting as it works on pc.  how my web mail "your desired name" is all working properly.

but for getting the same done in your mobile also, you have to state your desired name which you want others to see in the FROM field on the top of the mail, you to do said settings

on the BB cell... "my desired name"  IS also the "from" field. so, whatever i put for "my desired name" is what shows to me, & others.  trouble is, what i have put, is not showing!  & what is showing, is not what i've put.  I can't figure out how to fix it.

what is showing, is an old nickname i had used & am no longer using. that old nickname is no longer on any of my settings either on the cell or in the web mail.  but it won't go away on the cell!  that's the problem.  i even deleted the account & added it again from scratch but it didn't get rid of the nick name

Hope this could have the solution

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

& here's another reason it's not a pc web mail problem.. when i look on the PC, at the same email which is displaying wrong on the BB cell.. it displays properly on the PC.

it's something with the blackberry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
deepakkhatri

Pls try saving ur mail I'd in the contact list, and let us know
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04