Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

email conflicts

I'm new to BB so this post may seem pretty basic. I have multiple email POP accounts running on my BB 9000 and it works fine except that when I am in my office and Outlook is running, Outlook is competing with BIS for popping the mailboxes. So some emails end up on my BB and the rest in Outlook. I tried changing the Desktop software into redirector mode but it only seems to work for a single email address and my Outlook has 4 accounts. I thought it would just redirect all incoming messages but it doesn't. The only solution I can come up with at this point is to turn off my BB when I'm in the office and Outlook is turned on. Obviously this is not a good solution as my phone is off too and as soon as I turn it back on BIS will push all the qued emails again.

Is there a way to use the desktop redirector with multiple email accounts in Outlook?

Is there a fast way to turn off the BIS from popping my mail server accounts when I am using Outlook?

I spent all the past weekend browsing for solutions to this problem but I can't find anything that will suit me other than setting up an exchange server and for a single user this is somewhat of an overkill. Any advice is appreciated.

Steve

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: email conflicts

Do you mean that all your emails come into Outlook regrardless if Outlook is running or not, but emails only come on BB while outlook is closed?

or are you trying to accomplishing somthing else.

In regard to turning off device, you can just turn off data service no need to turn off BB. Go to Options>Mobile Network and set Data service to OFF

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

No really. Maybe I didn't explain it very well. The problem is that when I am in the office and using Outlook on my desktop, some emails keep coming to my BB device because my Outlook pops the mail server every 3 minutes but so does the BIS. Sooner or later an email arrives at my mail server and the BIS grabs it before Outlook pops it and sends it to the BB.

If I turn off data services on the BB won't the BIS still keep checking the pop accounts and save them till I turn on data services again? What I really need I think is a way to stop the BIS from checking the pop email accounts when I'm in the office. So far the only way I can see that this can be done is to remove the email accounts from the BIS. Not a very elegant solution.

The redirector idea seems to be almost exactly what I want but it only redirects one pop account and not all my pop accounts. In desktop 4.6 it only allows one email account to be entered or overidden.

Steve

Forums Veteran I

so you don't want the emails to come to BB if Outlook is running and you are in office?
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Correct.

Steve

Forums Veteran I

First Option: Set outlook to remove copy of messages from mail server and also set it to check your mail server every minute for all accounts set up on Outlook. This change will remove copies of emails from your mail server and you will only get few odd messages on BB. In other words you will only receive messages on BB while outlook is closed (some might still sneak through and come to BB while Outlook is open) 

Leave or remove copies of email messages on the messaging server when using an email application

2nd Option: Log into BIS account and click on filters beside your email address and choose 'Do not forward messages to device' and switch it back to forward messages once you leave office.

I will use the first option and dont worry about odd messages that sneak through.