Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Baluga
My Device: Curve 9360
Accepted Solution

email issues with Bold 9790

I hope someone can help.  I've just switched to a Bold 9790.  Restored my backup (from a Curve 9630).  Everything seems to work except....  When a new email comes in, the new email icon shows up on the top of the screen.  And a new email indication (the red round dot on my email folder) shows up as well.  but when I open that folder, the new email doesn't show up there.  I can access and read the new email by the new email icon on top of the screen, but once read, that icon would be gone.  If I need to access that email again, I would have to go into the view folders to find that email.  I've checked all the email settings are correct.  There must be some setting that's not right.  please somebody help.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: email issues with Bold 9790

Give this a try.  Click your Messages icon.  Once it opens, press your menu key and select Options.  From there, select Inbox Management.  Make sure all your  email addresses are checked.  Once again, press the menu key and select Save.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
Baluga

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I've already checked the inbox management before I posted.  Everything there seems correct.  my email was checked.

any other suggestions?

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

:smileysad:

Device swith must have done something weird.  Have you tried removing the email account then readd it?

you can manage the account from blackberry.com/integrate from the device or

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus from a computer.

I tried deleting my email address and add it back on, AND IT WORKED !!!!

Should've thought about doing that.

A BIG THANK YOU !!!