Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
SteffW
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: o2

email stopped working on 9700

My BB 9700 decided to stop sending or receiving emails yesterday.

It tells me my account is in invalid mode.

I have since upgraded the software but when I try to validate my password  the phone just won't let me.

It just gives me daft messages such as my "username is invalid". Surely my username is my email address? If not then what on earth is it?

What on earth is going on? This has taken me hours and all it's done in all this time is lose some of my photos.

I've really had enough of this and I'm awfully tired and frustrated. I need the email function to work as I'm going aweay tomorrow.

Please can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: email stopped working on 9700

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sadly, from what you've posted, it's not possible to completely understand your situation. Exactly what credentials are you having trouble with? From your post, I gather that it could be:

1. Your BIS account credentials
  2. Your email account credentials
  3. Your BBID credentials

It could perhaps be something else, but those are most likely IMHO. Can you clarify which it is? Does the pop up box asking for them have any hints? At what step of the process are you? If you provide step-by-step, starting from the homescreen, we might be able to understand.

Each of those has a different resolution path if it's the one that you are having troubles with...so clarity of understanding which it is is critical to providing you with the proper recommendations.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SteffW
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: o2

Thanks for your reply. unfortunately i don't understand a word of what you've written.

i've no idea what BID, IMHO or BBID means or what their credentialsare for that matter.

I've explained the problem as well as I can i'm afraid.

The Phone doesn't accept or send emails and states that I have an invalid account.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

SteffW wrote:

i've no idea what BID, IMHO or BBID means or what their credentialsare for that matter.

BIS (not BID) = BlackBerry Internet Service. A service you subscribe to (and pay for) from your mobile service provider (O2, according to your profile on this site) which enables a variety of different BB-proprietary services. Email, BBM, BB Travel, AppWorld (in some cases), and a number of other services require you to subscribe to an adequate BIS plan from your carrier. For email, BIS is the system that stores your email credentials so that it can check your email server without requiring any input from you at that moment. To protect your email credentials, BIS itself has it's own credentials, which the user creates.

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion...a common internet-used acronym.

BBID = BlackBerry ID...an account, on the BlackBerry systems, that you would have created to do various things. It links your BBM Contacts to your account. It enables you access to AppWorld. It links to BB Travel. And a number of other things. With a brand new BB, you are prompted to create a BB ID so that such linkages can be made, and you create a UserID and Password (credentials) when you do that:

• KB28684 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username
  • KB34137 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID account

SteffW wrote:

I've explained the problem as well as I can i'm afraid.

The Phone doesn't accept or send emails and states that I have an invalid account. 

So, you can't even look at the screen that pops up? The one that is requesting these credentials or giving you this information? And tell me exactly (and completely) what that says?

And you can't even tell me the steps you take to get to the point of this happening?

The cause remains possibly any of those...and the steps you take to get it to happen, coupled with the exact words and information that the pop up screen shows, will help me to understand, and hopefully provide you with useful guidance.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robert_c93
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Globe

hello? can you help me? my phne blackberry 9700 has a problem, it has no wifi and browser, can it be installed again? thank u.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

robert_c93 wrote:

hello? can you help me? my phne blackberry 9700 has a problem, it has no wifi and browser, can it be installed again? thank u.

Your question was answered yesterday:

Please try to follow up on the posts you've already made before you post the same question again...indeed, don't post the same question multiple times...just "bump" your thread (by posting a reply to yourself) if you don't hear anything for 24 hours or so.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.