Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

hossam2100us
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

enter the username associated with this smartphone

[ Edited ]

when i sign in with my blackberry id a message apper that say enter the username associated with this smartphone

pls help me

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Binay87
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Reliance

Re: enter the username associated with this smartphone

Hi

Please check your data connection then put your bbid

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Actually, that's not likely to help...refer:

• KB28429 "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone

To paraphrase, what it means is that there already is a BB ID associated to this BB, and there is only one way to change the BB ID association to a BB:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

While a WIPE seems drastic, it is nevertheless the only way to change the BB ID that the BB is associated with.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
techy14
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

How do I confirm the original BlackBerryID. I deleted it and created what I thought was the same one (i.e. same login name) but I still get this message.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

techy14 wrote:

How do I confirm the original BlackBerryID. I deleted it and created what I thought was the same one (i.e. same login name) but I still get this message.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

KB28684 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username

But, from what you've said, you never WIPED the BB, so you never did anything to change the BB ID to which the BB was associated. Until you WIPE, you cannot use any other BB ID than that with which the BB is presently associated. You must WIPE in order to change the association. Deleting and recreating the BB ID itself does nothing to change the association with the BB itself.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
techy14

Correct - I have not wiped the BB - which I had hoped to avoid if possible...

I guess the nub of my problem is that I have a BB associated with a BB ID which has been deleted. 

Is there any way to undelete a BB ID (or set the properties of the recreated BB ID) so that the previous association continues to work.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

techy14 wrote:

Correct - I have not wiped the BB - which I had hoped to avoid if possible...

A WIPE is the only way to change the association between the BB and a BB ID. Anything else is simply changing the details about the BB ID (e.g., email address, password, etc.), but cannot remove the actual association between it and the BB.

techy14 wrote:

Is there any way to undelete a BB ID (or set the properties of the recreated BB ID) so that the previous association continues to work.

If you know the EXACT original credentials (UserID, email address, password), then you can re-create the same BB ID and it MIGHT allow the BB to properly authenticate against it without having to WIPE. But I've never had to try exactly that...so I don't know for certain.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
techy14

Thanks, it looks like I will be doing a wipe.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are welcome...good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
el-vis
My Device: blackberry 9700-T-Mobile
My Carrier: student

Any time i restart my phone, my phone sends message to the code "112"..i want to know where this code is coming from.
Please use plain text.