Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: font to hard to read on email mgs-HELP!!

Sorry, tried that and the font/tesxt on incoming emails remained the same......still very faint and tough to read
Visitor

Did this ever get solved for you?  I'm having the same issue.

thanks!

Contributor

I believe you'll find that this is by design in devices running newer versions of the device software. It makes sense when you think about it. If you have the "Enable HTML Email" setting set to "Yes" then your BlackBerry will display email in the plain font no matter whether you selected Bold, Extra bold, Bold Italic, or Italic as your default font.

The whole point of enabling HTML view is is so your device displays messages in the same format that the sender intended the recipients to see e.g. if they made specific text bold, italic, underlined, etc. If the BlackBerry displayed all messages as bold then you would not see the desired HTML effect. Hence it overrides your default font settings and displays the main text as plain as well as any text that has been marked as bold, italic, underlined etc.