Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

christopher29
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

freezing blackberry

Hi I have my BB bold 9900 from last March! Recently when my screen is locked using the upper button...when I try to unlock it it takes ages!! Every time I text it is so slow! And when I try to do anything on the phone I get a black clock ticking over in the middle of the screen! Everything takes ages to switch screens etc. Can anyone help?
Please use plain text.
starseedz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: freezing blackberry

I'm having the same problem - this is my second phone in 2 months & my first BlackBerry experience!

I've tried to clear the memory etc & still having the same issue - extremely frustrating!

Please use plain text.
llamagoat
My Device: 9870
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: freezing blackberry

The blackberry clock is a strange beast but one we must all put up with, time to time my blackberry wont even answer a call because its busy being useless, i would have thought rim would do better by their customers but no.

Any way, battery out and back in AFTER 5 mins sorts most freezing issues out, failing that it could be possible you have too many apps running, also i find if i delete all apps and keep as mich memoey free it runs faster hardly the answer your looking for but it works.

Basically its a hardware issue the processor is too slow.

Please use plain text.