Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

frustrated with bold 9900 and blackberry email

I just purchased a Bold 9900 and had my old BB dumped onto my new Bold. I didn't realize however that I'd have to set up ALL my email accounts ALL over again. But I'm a positive kind of gal so I started doing all the set-ups again. However my frustration hit the wall when I tried to set up my OLD blackberry email address on the new BOLD. When I type in my old address the message says, "The user name is invalid. A user name must begin with a letter or number. It may contain letters, numbers, underscores, dashes and period characters." So it would seem that my email address can be ANYTHING except what I want it to be which is simply MY OLD BB email address (for obvious continuity reasons with established contracts) andmy old email DOES start with a LETTER!

My other emails have been fine to set up but the blackberry email is making me mental. Anyone? Please help?

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Re: frustrated with bold 9900 and blackberry email

Happened to me as well (Bell 9900) I just called customer service from bell and they reset my bb email account in about 5 minutes.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: frustrated with bold 9900 and blackberry email

Thank you! I have such trouble usually with tech support but they got the blackberry email up in less than five minutes. I still however need to transfer all my other accounts manually. A small price to pay in the end I reckon. Thanks again.