Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Lucia9117
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900

getting bbm

Having trouble with bbm do I have to starting a new bbm for my bb bold as I gave my bbcurve to my daughter to use and she has bbm on her phone need help with answer
L.Dasilva
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: getting bbm

If you use restore your BBM contact list to a new BB it should update on all your contact's BB devices. If you were using the latest version of BBM that required a BBID login then you need only login on a new device and it will update, as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: getting bbm

In addition, if your daughter is still receiving the BBM messages on her device, you will need to perform a security wipe on her phone. To do this, go to Options > Security > Security Wipe and follow the steps to wipe the personal data from the phone. Once this process is complete, she will be able to set up the phone for herself.

If you still can't get things to work correctly, please post back with the device info (e.g. your BlackBerry model numbers) and we can try to offer some more suggestions if needed.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!