Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

gleebo
My Carrier: Verizon

gmail contact sync

I have previously synced my contacts with Outlook using Desktop software. I now want to sync contacts with my gmail contacts instead.  How do I delete the outlook contacts and replace them with the gmail contacts? I changed defaults on my Bold to gmail contacts but cannot get them to sync.   Frustrating!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: gmail contact sync

Hi Gleebo

You must remove the Outlook email account

If you want to sync gmail contacts on your Blackberry you must add the email account gmail

As you can also use the Google Syn application for your Blackberry.

Regards...

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **

@gutijose14

Signature by @Gutijose14
Please use plain text.
gleebo
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: gmail contact sync

Thank you gutijose 14.  Some further questions :

On my Bold I now have 2 email accounts - msn and gmail.  Are you saying that I should delete the msn account?

When I do that, will the contacts on my Bold be erased, or must I do that too?  If I have to erase them, should I do this through the Desktop Software or on my device?  Once this is done, if I set my sync default to my exisitng gmail account, will my gmail contacts automatically sync or do I have to use the Desktop software?

I cannot use the Google Sync app as I believe Google has stopped supporting it.

Thanks again for your help.

Gleebo 

Please use plain text.