Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile
Accepted Solution

hands free pairing with sonata

Hello all

We purchased a new sonata this past weekend and paired our Bold 9700 successfully with the car.  But, the contacts list on the car are inverted. For example, in my phone a name appears as Brad K, in the contacts list on my car name appears as K Brad. Any suggestions?

Thanx

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: hands free pairing with sonata

Is this a factory stereo or an after-market stereo?

Check to see if you have a Phonebook option on the stereo. It might give you the option to select the display order i.e last name,first name or vice versa.

New Contributor

I looked under options and did not find anything.

It is a factory stereo and I have talked with the dealer and he said try deleting the phone from the car and re pairing it.

Funny thing, while waiting to pay for the vehicle a saleperson was demonstrating and the names appeared properly and I made a voice activated call using first name first.

Regular Contributor

I would try the dealers suggestion too.

If that fails, you could also try transferring contacts from your phone to the stereo.

Manage Connections/Bluetooth Connections/Paired Devices(should say the name of the stereo) then hit the Menu icon while the Paired Device is highlighted and finally select 'Transfer Contacts' 

New Contributor

I will try that when I get home. Thanx and I will advise the outcome.Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Hello

Tried both of the ideas.  Deleted the phone and re paired and also, pushed from the phone. Smiley Sad neither helped. I read on a sonata forum about another person having this trouble and there were some ideas there, including a TCB that the dealer can do to upgrade the bluetooth. I am going to go to T-Mobile and see if someone there might have a Bold and see if we can pair with the car and see how their contacts appear.

New Contributor

I think we may have figured our situation out. In the contacts on my Blackberry the first name is on line one and the last name is on line 2. What we decided to do, was to put the entire name on the first name line. Such as First Name: Joe Blow and did not make an entry on to the Last Name line on the phone. Worked. I guess more than one way to skin a cat!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Nice. Glad you got it to work