Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
phoenix4karan
My Device: bold 9900

having different type of problem with messenger

[ Edited ]

hi i was having bold 9780 earlier and my bb pin was **removed**..then i bought a second hand bold 9900 whose pin is **removed**now the problem is , i was able to link the email , memos, contacts everything with the help of blackberry protect but since bbm is not included in protect so i couldnt link up my old pin to the new phone.. now the second hand phone which i bought is registered already to some person and i cant find a way to register my own contacts to this new phone..how can i change my blackberry pin to my old bb pin and get my contacts on messenger back?

your help would be much appreicated. 

Thanks

Karan

Edit: PIN removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: having different type of problem with messenger

Hello karan

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

phoenix4karan wrote:

now the second hand phone which i bought is registered already to some person and i cant find a way to register my own contacts to this new phone..how can i change my blackberry pin to my old bb pin and get my contacts on messenger back?

BlackBerry PIN are unique ! It cannot be changed it is hardcoded . Secondly BBM contacts are integrated with our BlackBerry ID ( For BBM 7 and higher ) not with our device PIN . 

As you bought a used device , have you performed a security wipe on your BlackBerry before using it ? Refer to this KB article and follow those suggestion :

KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Try those steps I hope it will resolve your issue with BBM .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.