Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
alicebinns123
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: help me format my memory card

I unticked the option 'quick format' this time and it seems to be working a lot better, I will verify wether or not folders are on the card when the formating has complete, thanks again for all your contribution and help
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

alicebinns123 wrote:
Yeah, I thought that's what a card reader was so I assumed I didn't have one, I have an ordinary SD card size card reader and the blackberry memory card is mini so it doesn't fit!

Hence the adapter I mentioned...many mini/micro cards come with the adapter(s) necessary to use them in full-sized SD card slots...I've no idea if yours came that way or not...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alicebinns123

I've had this memory card 2 years so I can't remember how it came, but I don't have an adapter as far as I'm aware of
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alicebinns123

I just sat here and watched the formating take place for ages, and it got basically to the end of the green bar then and error message popped up saying 'windows was unable to complete the format' what shall I do now?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I think the card is going bad.  Can you manaully delete the files from the card using the computer?

Also, ccleaner has a drive wiper option under tools.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

This is a free product that I use and recommend often.

what does that cleaner thing do if i download it? and shall i just buy a new memory card? how much are they? and yes i can manually delete them, what ones do i delete? all of them?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Its just a program I use but you don't have to download it.  Yes, delete all of the files after you save whatever you want to keep.  SD cards are cheap, you can get one from amazon, newegg or ebay.

i will download it, i just dont know what it is gunna do after i've downloaded it? and okay ill delete all of the files, if this doesnt work then im just gunna give up and take it into the shop again and let them either fix it or buy a new card, thank you for everything though!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Its just a program I use to clean my PC and it has a drive wiper option under tools.  If the card is going bad, manually delete the files and get another card.

okay, ill download it then as im assuming this card has gone bad

Please use plain text.