Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
AceVentura
My Device: Bold 9900

help my 9900, can't get BIS

hi guys

i got a 9900, just got the BIS from Vodafone NZ, but here is the thing...

i can send and receive txt and call, even use bb internet brower to surf internet

but

i can not use BIS, like facebook, twitter etc also push mail.

checked with Voda NZ,  they said my phone is regist under another provider therefore i can not use it in voda

but it is new one, im the first owner.

PIN  29262C9B

vendor id:  603

platform 5.0.0.734

app ver: 7.0.0.585(2406)

can anyone please give me some help to find out who is the provider?

i really enjoy this phone, many thanks~~!!

New Contributor
samiratiya

Re: help my 9900, can't get BIS

try changing the 'host routing table'. to do so, do the following:

1) search 'host routing table'
2) click the options
3) click host routing table
4) scroll to any and menue click (bb icone) and click register

you should get a message in your messages app saying blackberry successfuly registered. hope this helped, it worked for me on previous times
New Contributor
AceVentura

hi there

thanks for the reply.

i tried that, under host routing table, my phone says "no entries"

i try to click "register now", phone said: registration msg sent! but no reply since.

still no bis icon.

is that right?

New Contributor
samiratiya

hmmmmm i'm pretty sure if you dont have any numbers in there that means there is something wrong. try to take it to a carrier store and ask them to take a look at it or call blackberry. quick question, do you have pay as you go?

New Contributor
AceVentura

got this phone as new and unlocked.

try to ask vodafone, but they said my phone is not buy from them(which is right) therefore, they can't do anything about it.

im currently have an account to active my BIS, thatz the only way in NZ to use BIS service.

but if they can't fix it, i may switch if off to saving money.

New Contributor
acquah7
My Device: Curve 8250, Bold 9700, Bold 9900

Hi guys, I'm facing the same issue with Vodafone and Cell C South Africa - same phone; and cannot register (Host routing table) the phone onto the network. I can just use it as a "normal" phone ... I also know another guy with the same setup and trouble. This sounds to be a "generic" Bold 9900 "bug"?... Blackberry Support - please assist ... Cheers, Acquah
Regular Contributor
techlawyer
My Device: 9930

I had a similar problem --- not exactly the same -- but similar.  I have a 9930 from Verizon.  I'm in Jordan now and my 9930 is  roaming on one of the local GSM providers.  I could make and receive voice calls and could access the Internet using the phone's browser but could not send or receive e-mail.  I called Verizon and their techs ultimately escalated it to RIM.  The RIM tech said that there is a known problem at least with the 9930 when it's  on GSM systems where  the unit's registration sometimes  is lost from the RIM system.  It had to be put in manually by the RIM tech but after he did so my phone recovered its e-mail capability.

So the bottom line for me is that it was a problem with RIM that RIM had to handle from their end.

I'm not sure that your problem is the same but just thought I'd offer this from my own experience.

New Contributor
AceVentura

mate, check ur vendor ID, see where is the phone coming from. 

then, make sure ur phone is bought from brand new and it is not import phone.

if from somewhere europe, the pin may regist by the service provider already, then you need to contact that service probider to release the pin. 

if it is brand new from ur local shop, just give to them and let them fix for u.

if it is import phone.... still check the vendor id, it may regist already, thatz why u can't use bbm.

New Contributor
acquah7
My Device: Curve 8250, Bold 9700, Bold 9900

Hi, According to me (and I did verify by doing tests), even if the PIN is attached to an existing subscription - and you put a BIS provisioned SIM card in that phone, you should first get attached to the network by having EDGE or 3G+BB sign. Then you check BBM or other BB related features which might be un-usable ... (!?!) In my own case, I'm stuck at that level: whatever the SIM card (with BIS subscription of course) you put in, nothing; just ordinary network sign (edge or 3G) - that's what make me disappointed ... When I put the same SIM card in another BB with PIN attached, I get the "EDGE" automatically ... PS: The phone is totally unlocked.
gisail470
My Device: BOLD 9900

Hi, can somebody assist on this as I am getting the same issue here with a 9900. No registration on the network and under any BIS enabled sim card. Did anyone had any luck with it already or should I throw the bloody thing in the water?