Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: T-mobile

helppppp.!

-I have a blackberry bold 9700 from t-mobile, and im trying to set up a email but when i do , it doesnt have the option to make or use an old email address, it just have if i want to work with a email account with a blackberry enterprise server but i do not have one of those so i need help trying to figure out how to set up a email a personal one and NOT a enterprise server one. 

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: helppppp.!

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

You posted in the Welcome and Introductions section. ;(

Your question has been asked and answered here thousands of times.

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as addtional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.

So, call your carrier and inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell-Aliant

KEEPFALLiNqx3 wrote:

-I have a blackberry bold 9700 from t-mobile, and im trying to set up a email but when i do , it doesnt have the option to make or use an old email address, it just have if i want to work with a email account with a blackberry enterprise server but i do not have one of those so i need help trying to figure out how to set up a email a personal one and NOT a enterprise server one. 

You did not state if you are from the United States or not so I will assume you are from the US, try going to T-Mobiles BIS site and login from there and add your email accout that way.

My T-Mobile login

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

nfld_sapper wrote:

You did not state if you are from the United States or not so I will assume you are from the US, try going to T-Mobiles BIS site and login from there and add your email accout that way.

My T-Mobile login

If the user is only getting the enterprise choice, they either don't have the BlackBerry Data Plan, or it if they do, it is not provisioned to their device. Either way, they won't be able to login to a BIS site.

They need to call their carrier.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code