Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

how do i restore my blackberry messenger?

Hi there peeps

I some how deleted my blackberry messenger and im having a nightmare of a time trying to get it back, my blackberry messenger is very important to me in what i do, so i desperatly need it back.

Does anyone know how i can get this back?

I have tryed the desktop blackberry manager, NO LUCK.

I really dont know what else to do?

thanks in advance

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: how do i restore my blackberry messenger?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

DTM is actually the way to go. When you tether and launch DTM, run the Application Loader tool -- look in there and you should see BBM as an available app, but it should be missing (unchecked) -- check the box and it will re-install. You say you had "no luck" via DTM -- what, exactly, did you attempt? And what, exactly, happened?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply

I have done what you said and went into the DTM when i go to application loader, and then add/remove, only 5 things are listed

two of them are themes, one of them is a blackberry app world and the other is facebook and one is called document to go

BBM is not listed?

thank you

Hall of Famer II

Hmmm...that's odd. Is your carriers version of your OS installed on your PC? When you last updated your device OS, did you use DTM to to so? You should DL your carriers OS for your BB and install it to your PC...that usually makes sure that everything you should have access to is displayed in the AppLoader tool.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

thanks again for your reply

I really do not understand any of what you said? lol

I dont understand what it means when you say about carriers? also i cant remember the last time i installed a update for my phone?

Will a system restore do any help?

Hall of Famer II

Your carrier is your mobile service provider -- whoever you pay every month for the pleasure of having your BB. They are responsible for releasing updates for your BB device OS/Software. You can find them via the one link I sent you. You can find your device OS level by looking at Options > About...that will tell you the OS level your device is running. If you've never updated, you might find that your BB is waaaaaaay behind...and you might find the change to be more than you can stand. If you dig, you might be able to find your carriers old release of the version your BB is running...then install that to your PC and then DTM will be able to re-install BBM.

The carrier-released OS (from that link) installs basically on top of DTM -- enabling your installation of DTM to recognize the version of BB device OS that you are on, which thereby enables DTM to know what additional items are applicable to your BB. All of that is in the control of your carrier -- RIM releases OS updates to the carriers, they certify and release it to their users, and that allows everything to work as it should.

System Restore, if I understand you, is a PC thing...not a BB thing...as such it wouldn't be helpful.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Pearl 9105

My carrier does not have the specific OS for my phone.What do I do?
Kels
Hall of Famer II

Kenechi wrote:
My carrier does not have the specific OS for my phone.What do I do?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

At the top of each device forum, there should be some "sticky" threads that discuss the OS levels available for many models. If they include your model, then please use those as reference as you proceed. Otherwise, you will have to dig through the official download portal for OS packages for your model:

From a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates