Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: orange

how do i save my phonebook contacts to my sim card?

i finally brought my new iphone, good bye blackberry for good few!

i put my new sim card into my blackberry to try save my numbers to the sim card, but i have no clue how to, any help?!

thank you x

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: how do i save my phonebook contacts to my sim card?

Hello,

See this:

• KB04205 Copy a contact to your SIM phone book

Yes, it is one by one. Further, it is sloppy IMHO. The BB address book is very rich, allowing you one name with multiple phone numbers. The SIM address book is less robust, and you will therefore wind up with, for example, three entries on the SIM if you have one name with three phone numbers in the BB contact list.

A better method is to figure out how to properly import a more robust address book to your new device. If it will synchronize with, for instance, Outlook, then by all means get your BB synchronized to Outlook and then configure your new device to do the same.

• KB12268Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows for synchronization
  • KB03315 How to synchronize organizer data (calendar, task list, memo list, and contact list) using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

As an alternative, you can export from the BB to a CSV file, which perhaps your new device can import:

• KB24488 How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

I've no idea what your new device can accept, but hopefully one of these robust BB features can satisfy your needs in switching.

Good luck with your new device!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code