Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
HPBB08
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Telkomsel

how to backup data and fixed JVM error 517 BlackBerry 9900

I got this error message (JVM error 517) yesterday. This was very strange. I just made a call, after i have done the call, suddenly my BB99900 restarted byitself. then the JVM error 517 appeared. I pressed the reset button does not do anything good. just restart the blackberry then show me the error again.

Anyone have any suggestion how to fix my blackberyy? I never do any backup for this phone. Are there anyway to backup my data while i got this error. When i connect my BB9900 To Blackberry Desktop software, cant connect and there is a button update. but seems it will wipe up everything from the phone. I would like to save the data if possible.

Thank you for your kindly attention.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: how to backup data and fixed JVM error 517 BlackBerry 9900

HPBB08 wrote:

I got this error message (JVM error 517) yesterday. This was very strange. I just made a call, after i have done the call, suddenly my BB99900 restarted byitself. then the JVM error 517 appeared. I pressed the reset button does not do anything good. just restart the blackberry then show me the error again.

Anyone have any suggestion how to fix my blackberyy? I never do any backup for this phone. Are there anyway to backup my data while i got this error. When i connect my BB9900 To Blackberry Desktop software, cant connect and there is a button update. but seems it will wipe up everything from the phone. I would like to save the data if possible.

Thank you for your kindly attention.

Cheers

Hello HPBB08

Please read this article:

Or perform reload OS:

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software fo...

To back up your files, please see this article below:

How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Thanks and good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HPBB08
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Dear iansantos,

Thank you for the quick reply, i have read the instruction you have gave me. The problem is BlackBerry desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device and there are 3 buttons there: Retry - Update - Cancel
I tried to retry, have no luck on that procedure. the only thing i can do is Update which mean i will lose all the data, won't i?

I tried to pull the battery out for couple minutes (about 15mins) but still show me the error JVM Error 517, press the reset reboot again and back to same error message. seems my BB devices cant load the program :smileysad:

Are there any solution to back up the data? all the button like back up now, device option is grey button which i could not click them . In the Device menu everything is grey button and the one that i can click is sync by type but under that menu is grey as well (Organizer, Media). Switch device, forget device, exit are white menu that i can click. Seems i could not do any backup for my data...

Please give me solution to backup my data, if there are the way.

Thanks for your attention

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

A far as I know, you can't back up your data. I did not encountered this before. 

You can read this article about JVM errors:

Hardware related JVM error codes

Thanks.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.